Yellow Irises at Raleigh Swap

jdbheartseaseMay 11, 2010

Hi, Someone brought some beautiful yellow irises to the Raleigh Swap this past Saturday, 5/8. Unfortunately, I didn't get any. What type of irises were those and where do you buy them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosta200

They are yellow flag iris (Iris pseudacorus). I thougth I brought enough for everyone that would want them. The ones at the swap were grown in my pond, but they grow just as well in garden soil. I live in the south Raleigh area if you want to stop by and get some, or just remind me and I can bring some to the fall swap.
Mike

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 3:07PM
jdbheartsease

Hi Mike, Thanks for the info and for being so generous. I live in Winston-Salem which is a good 1 1/2 hours away. Maybe in the fall, I could swap something out of my garden for some of your irises.

By the way, I got several of your plants at the swap, button ferns, callaway ginger, selaginella kraussiana, kalancoe tomentosa, & the plectranthus. Those are great plants. Thanks for sharing. .Judy

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 5:17PM
hosta200

The ginger takes a year or two to get started but then slowly starts spreading, I think you'll like it. Here's my clump after about nine years.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 12:52PM
jdbheartsease

Mike, Thanks for sharing your picture. I can't wait until my spreads like that!! Judy

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 12:07PM
More Discussions
Fruit trees
Hi! We've decided we have room for nine more fruit...
HollowOakFarm
Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society
The Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society will have...
hosta200
butterfly habit Greensboro
Planning a butterfly habitat in Greensboro (church...
jimfnc
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
Free Talk re Edible Landscaping in Cary
Brie Arthur recently gave a talk at the Rock Garden...
Ralph Whisnant
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™