Checking In

vissara(8 OR)September 18, 2011

As some of you know I planted my first brugs from cuttings from Kasha77 this spring.

Our spring remained cold and wet into early July so growth was poor. Four of the eight survived the weather and my ignorance however.

These shot up in August and are now forming buds...pictures will be forthcoming if they bloom before I have to start winter-prepping the bed

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Vissara-
Sorry you had a rough start this spring- I think all of our brugs have suffered this growing season. Just now my beauties are turning a luscious dark green and are on their second flush of flowers. My brugs languished in the 90 - 105 temps all summer, with very little rain fall, and what made it worse- I didn't have any mulch that would keep their roots cool and conserve moisture and hand watering. I have learned more from my mistakes than anything else! :)Please share your photos with us and take heart- next year will be better as your brugs grow bigger and stronger. They will be able to withstand adverse conditions much better than when they were small. We'd love to see some photos! :)

Bookmark   September 19, 2011 at 9:05AM
chena(z8 Texas)

Hey Nice to see ya!! YES photo's Please.. this has been a rough yr here in Texas as well..

Kylie

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 1:04PM
vissara(8 OR)

ok, photos of plants that aren't blooming yet. And I am certainly not blaming the plants pretty well everything underperformed this year (making it a great choice for starting a tropical-themed bed!)

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 4:09PM
chena(z8 Texas)

I think they look really healthy!!!!! CONGRATS
Your are off to a great start!!!!! Thanks for the pic's ;0)

Kylie

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 5:04PM
vissara(8 OR)

I have no idea why that one in the 2nd picture decided to grow sideways out over the patio instead of up. It didn't get knocked over or anything and has the same sun exposure as the others.

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:52PM
More Discussions
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
WANTED: Rooted Cuttings. Any Variety
I spent a small fortune on small UNROOTED cuttings,...
poohbearlvr
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™