Hummingbirds

MistyBeagle127December 21, 2012

I know I kinda asked this question already. I am looking at a manuf. home in Sanger, CA on the Pine Lake. Is that a good place to live? Are there hummers there year-round? Dying to move to CA from MA. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I think you had better visit there for a while before buying. The area can be a lot more like Nebraska than San Diego.

Here's a link to the bird watching forum.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird watching forum

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 9:13PM
hostarasta(z9)

Renee is right. I moved from Michigan to the San Francisco Bay area in 2006. It was like moving to the moon for me. But I've traveled around this state some, and there's a central part (Bakersfield area) that is like the Twilight Zone. Nothing to do. Nothing to see. Why Sanger? I'm just curious.
Marlene

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 9:23PM
wcgypsy(10 / Sunset 23)

Doesn't westelle live in Fresno? She might pop in and give you some info on Sanger.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 9:51PM
CA Kate

I would also strongly suggest you visit any area you might be interested in residing. I don't know anything about you or what conditions you might want or tolerate, so it is very hard for me to know what to say.

The only lake in this area with Pine in the name is Pine Flat Lake. It is extremely rural and perhaps a bit run-down - looking but the lake is beautiful. I would not wish to live there.

California is a huge State with many different, diverse areas.... everything from the ocean to the mountains, wilderness to rural to megopolis. All depends on what your ideal living situation might be.

Bookmark   December 22, 2012 at 10:30PM
vall3fam(9 CentralCA)

Ah, yes, the lower hills of the Sierra Nevada. Green about two months out of the year, dead, dry extreme fire hazard most of the rest of the year. Live oak, buckeyes and lots of dry grass make up the rocky terrain. Pine Flat Lake is not terribly close to Sanger, although that might be the mailing address.

Sanger in itself is a nice, small town, a suburb of the larger Fresno. I'm sure there will be plenty of hummingbirds available, but I hope you are just not going by pictures to make your move. I feel you will be sorely disappointed. Methinks you will experience a total shock when faced with the real thing.

Elaine

Bookmark   December 23, 2012 at 6:39PM
More Discussions
Please Help Save the Monarch Butterflies
I posted this info to the Butterfly Garden Forum, but...
Evelyn256
So Cal - TOP 3 Tomatoes
If you live in Southern California, and you could plant...
Baby G (Z10, 300?CH, SoCal-LA)
Has anyone tried gooseberries and currants?
I love fruiting plants so much but being in the Bay...
tog5632
Privacy Trees?
Good afternoon, I'm hoping to find a recommendation...
sirwoodland
Sparrows
Photo of a nest of sparrows under my porch. There are...
tim45z10
Sponsored Products
Brown Hummingbird 48" Outdoor Console Table - Black, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Black Knight Canna Root - Set of Five
$15.99 | zulily
Amora Tiffany Style Hummingbirds Stained Glass Window Panel
Overstock.com
Pasadena Large Verdigris Patina Clock Hummingbird Medallion
$306.00 | Bellacor
Moonrays Outdoor Lighting. Outdoor Stained Glass Solar Powered LED Cardinal Ligh
$18.99 | Home Depot
Iannone Design | Hummingbird Graphic Dresser
YLiving.com
Gold End Table Lamp: 23.5 in. Hummingbird Brushed Gold Touch Lamp K303
$44.99 | Home Depot
Uselen Paper Knife by Alessi
$31.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™