Clematis vendors?

proudgm_03(6 MO)March 21, 2009

I saw on the dahlia forum that they have a Biglist for dahlias vendors. Is there something similar for clematis?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

One of our forum regulars did a very nice listing recently of some of the better mail order sources.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis sources

Bookmark   March 22, 2009 at 11:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janetpetiole(4b)

Many of the vendors on the list consistently ship quality plants, regardless of the size. However, as many of us learned last year, there are no guarantees. Some nurseries were struggling last year and this year could be worse. My main purpose for the list was to give people every option after we lost one of the best sources for hard to find clematis.

I encourage anyone to keep asking questions and to listen to other's experiences. One place you can check on the quality of a particular mail order source is Dave's Garden Watchdog. It is considered by some to be the best source. However, keep in mind that a low rating could be caused by someone with unrealistic expectations, inhospitable shipping conditions or who knows what else. One bad rating doesn't necessarily mean the vendor intentionally shipped bad plants.

I find this forum to be the best source for information. There is always someone willing to share their experiences in a fair and honest way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden Watchdog.

Bookmark   March 29, 2009 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
Fragrant Oberon
I've become obsessed with the Fragrant Oberon clem,...
lisakaye551
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
Clematis winter beauty
I planted a clematis winter beauty before xmas and...
arymretep
Is this clematis 'dead legs'?
Hello, I'm new to this site and growing clematis I...
marko_212
Clematis heaving out of the ground?
Hi. I have a 4 year old Jackmanii clem that has begun...
lismari
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™