Spring is Here!
Here are pictures of my mini-orchard. To save bandwidth, I put them into a Photobucket Album, link is below. The file names are descriptive of what you are looking at.
Here are some comments:
1. I have 2 Almonds and 1 Apricot along with the Citrus. This is the first year they have bloomed this much!
2. The Key Lime and Variegated Pink Lemon were almost killed last year. When I was done pruning the dead branches etc from them, there was almost only the main trunk left. Now the Key Lime is almost 9 feet tall and the Lemon is about 5 feet tall and 4 feet across.
3. The Moro Blood Orange is over 5 feet high (at its highest point). The fence behind it is 5' high.
4. The Valencia replaced one that died last year. It grew like crazy last summer and is now almost 7-8' high. Considering the amount of new growth now, I can'[t wait to see how big it will be at the end of this summer.
5. The Meyer Lemon was new last April (2011). It is growing very aggressively as you can see.
Sorry these aren't as colorful as some other pictures, but they portend some fruitful harvests in the future. And, I am glad I partially fertilized early (see my other post about when to fertilize considering the warm winter).
Here is a link that might be useful: February 2012 Pictures