Australian Finger Lime.

zecowsayFebruary 2, 2013

Has anyone tried growing this as a container tree? I'm just getting back into citrus after losing all but one of my trees to a freak summer freeze last year, and I read that this is an understory tree and should be able to take shade better than other citrus. My lighting inside isn't ideal so this would be a good thing if true. Does anyone have success with overwintering this inside?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eahamel(9a)

I'd love to find one! They're pretty new. Have you been growing it? I found some finger limes at a specialty store, but they were in a plastic package, $5.00 or so per pound, and they were all totally black and rotted. So much for my idea of growing them from seed.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 7:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Citrus-Steve(5)

I do, or have one anyway, at the house at least. I attached a picture of my water table with T5 grow light, the Aussie is in the back. It is new and adjusting to the new environment but showing no signs of stress. Watering it very little because of smaller root base and it's really wet at the bottom. Only watered 1 time in 2 weeks until it acclimates.

My lighting system really sent the Imp. Meyer Lemon into overdrive but I am experiencing a few issues of my own and will be posting concerning that. I am excited about the Aussie but we shall see how it goes. Cool forum and glad I found some fellow Citrus-Steves.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 6:19PM
More Discussions
Meyer Lemon tree question
I have a 3-4yr old meyer lemon tree i've kept in a...
clo4l8ty
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
Strange happenings with lemon tree
Hi, This is my first post, upon finding your site. I...
alamedadad
Is this abnormal calamondin behavior?
The leaves on my potted calamondin tree are quite droopy,...
michael_ames
citrus tree gratfting 101
I would like to start grafting my own citrus trees....
rj campbell inc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™