And here I sit at work

sandyl(Zone 6B -7)March 24, 2010

Well I just retuned from lunch break and while out for lunch I like to ride around and look at what people on this beautiful day are out doing since i can't be home right now and since its trash day I also like to curb shop the neighbor hoods close to work, Have gotten several good things mostly yard art off the curbs and low and behold I round the curve and there for the taking was a almost new iron yard swing frame that has this beautiful design across the top and the frame was about 6 feet tall and just begging for several Clematis to drap down over it. Now I'm sitting her praying that when I get off at 4 p.m. that baby is still setting there and I'll make tracks home for my 6 x8 trailer and it will be sitting in my yard by 6:00 p.m. This is gonna be a long, long afternoon.. Please say a little prayer that its still there when I get off work. If its still there at 4:00p.m. then I might have a chance of getting it in time. If I do it get i'll post pictures when I get it setup. Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeanne_texas(Z 8B TX)

My Prayer was sent up for you hon..Jeanne

Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 6:18PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Was it still there? Hope you got it.

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 2:34AM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

Got It! I'll post before and after pictures. Sandy

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 5:47AM
memama_gayle(z8 NC)

That is wonderful! So happy for you!

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 6:57AM
jeanne_texas(Z 8B TX)

Yeaaaaaaaaaa

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 10:24AM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

waiting for the pics!

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 1:22PM
tulipsmiles(6 South of Boston)

My eye always goes toward the trash piles while driving by and in my head I'm creating what I could do with that headboard, window frame, foot stool, whatever it is..

I'm eager to see your pics!

Bookmark   March 30, 2010 at 10:19AM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

Here's a picture. Its not where I plan to leave it, but its just setting in my yard waiting for maybe this weekend I can get something done with it. What do ya'll think of my curb shopping? I'll install some welded wire from the top for the Clem's to climb up, Sandy

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 6:55PM
tulipsmiles(6 South of Boston)

Nicely done! That will look gorgeous covered in Clematis!

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 10:26PM
memama_gayle(z8 NC)

I like that find also. Will look so good with the clematis on it!

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 7:10AM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

Will I have decided on what I want to climb up the swing frame and just now ordered Ms. Barbara Harrington prunning group #3 to go along with the Polish Spirit that my mom gave me this week which is also a prunning group # 3. I also ordered the white Huldine and will have to decide if I want two or three clematis on the swing frame. I also found a Klara, she also is a group 3 that I really, really think I needed. Sandy

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 4:41PM
gardenbug(8b)

I was on that same street during 'my' lunch break too and it fell off the back of my truck and... I want it back!!

Bookmark   April 21, 2010 at 12:16PM
janetpetiole(4b)

You could hang a pot in the middle and grow a smaller clematis in it and just let the vines hang down.

Bookmark   April 21, 2010 at 2:40PM
talynnp(7)

And.....you could attach wire or fencing to each end of the swing frame and let the clems completely cover it. Yeah, I vote for that! It would be bee-uuutifulllll!

Tanya

Bookmark   April 21, 2010 at 2:52PM
janetpetiole(4b)

And of course we'll want pictures in a couple of years :)

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 8:31AM
sandyl(Zone 6B -7)

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I'm thinking maybe I'll attached welded wire from the top of the frame and let the Clem's climb to the top. Candence, hun I thought that was your truck I seen rounding the corner in front of me going to fast while crusing the neighbor hood's. Oh well, your loss was my gain. I'm sure you'll score another.LOL Sandy

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 10:42AM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

I would attach some wire, I have a sort of similar structure I've been trying to cover with Clemmies and they just don't climb up the "legs" well at all. I've been reluctant to add wire fencing to it but I think it the only way I'm going to get coverage. I try to tie them on but they slip down.

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
ianrtaylor
Clematis heaving out of the ground?
Hi. I have a 4 year old Jackmanii clem that has begun...
lismari
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Clematis Princess Kate
Hmm, a new Texensis, looks pretty spiffy. Let's see...
boday
Clematis winter beauty
I planted a clematis winter beauty before xmas and...
arymretep
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™