Wanted....Super, Broad-Leaved Clivia miniata

bronxfigsJanuary 4, 2012

If any grower has a division of a Clivia miniata that will grow fairly short, stiff, plain green leaves, about 5" wide and about 18" long, please contact me if you would like to either sell the plant, or, a division of such a plant. Flower color not too important....orange, pastels, picotees, but not yellow. I would like to add such a plant to my small collection. I've seen some old-fashioned Belgian Hybrids with leaves this wide. I'm not looking for Chinese plants, but full-size, Clivia miniata hybrids. Plants with leaves this large usually grow on very large, robust plants.

Please contact me. (fdvpiano@yahoo.com)

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnsonm08(5a)

Hi Frank,
I have this one, the leaves may be longer than you describe and are 4.25in wide. The flowers are orange. This plant belonged to a friend of my aunt who had it since (maybe) the 60's, and I guess it about 50yrs old - I've had it about 10yrs. I was going to repot it in the spring, so if its what you are looking for and can wait till the end of May let me know. I would prefer to trade for something rather than sell -- We frequent the same forums so I may have other things that interest you too.
Mike

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 7:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bronxfigs

Mike...

Just saw your posting. The plant is really beautiful, and well grown.

Yes, please let me know when you do the re-pot. My e-mail is: fdvpiano@yahoo.com

I'll try contacting you also. We'll talk.

Thanks,
Frank

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
HELP! My clivia is dying!
I posted on Florida Gardening too, but wanted to post...
Kasima
Clivia flower bud stuck!
Hello Everyone, It was 2 weeks ago I saw an orange...
qhslau
My Clivia Update -- 1.5 years in
I'm sort of embarrassed to post this. Back when I first...
Sugi_C
Spots on yellow Clivia
Hello all back in need of more help, I noticed these...
anrev1719
Should I divide this clivia
So this is my first clivia that I have. It's supposed...
SteveCorredor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™