Smith Red Valencia?

simon_growFebruary 16, 2011

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a Smith Red Valencia plant? I did some searching and found that I can acquire some Scion wood from the Citrus Clonal Protection Program but I'm horrible at grafting. Thanks in advance!

Simon

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brettay

Four Winds has it listed under the descriptions of their blood orange varietals. It seems like a new addition for them. I do not see it available for purchase on their online store. That makes me believe that they are going to offer it for purchase in the near future, but you may want to email them and ask.

-Brett

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 2:13AM
redshirtcat(6a MO StL)

I believe the CCPP budwood is only available at certain times of the year so if you want rare and hard to find budwood you have to plan ahead and have the paperwork in order and have your rootstock ready on the dates that they list on their website.

Also: the USDA-ARS which will also provide citrus budwood (more easily to people out of CA) is, last I heard, under quarantine. So plan ahead with the dates with the CCPP if you go that route

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 1:00AM
brettay

Actually, Four Winds does have it available for purchase on their website. It is the last available tree listed under sweet oranges on the purchase page.

-Brett

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Meyer Lemon tree question
I have a 3-4yr old meyer lemon tree i've kept in a...
clo4l8ty
Costco citrus!
Has your Costco started to stock any? We got some kumquat,...
serge94501
Kumquat :From seed to fruit in one year?
Someone tried to tell me that I can grow a kumquat...
italiangardner
Unsure about the health of my Meyer Lemon..
Hello all! I have dwarf Meyer Lemon plant that I bought...
barbl
My lemon tree needs help!
Hello, I recently got a new house with some citrus...
Roderick Agius
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™