Here they are!

marricgardensFebruary 8, 2010

These are my plants after dividing. I have 2 more to do but I ran out of pots - had to make a trip to town on the weekend to get more. The big ones I put in individual pots. There were a few 'pups' and I let them together and put them in their own pot. I noticed that in the pots she used a sand mix around the roots. There was a lot of sand plus a fine grain black grit. Anybody have any idea what that could be? Anyway, here they are. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monet_g

Nice job, Marg. I always feel good after potting up or tending my plants and I can tell you do, too. The black grit could be charcoal. What medium did you end up using?
Gail

Bookmark   February 8, 2010 at 4:43PM
marricgardens

Hi Gail. Thanks, it did feel good to get it done. I had planned on using the tropical mix I bought a few months ago but when I opened it up, I found it to be heavy so I mixed a bag of it with some Pro mix seeding mix I had on hand. The seeding mix made it very light. If this doesn't work, I did go out and buy some vermiculite. I will mix that with some sand and see how that goes. Maybe I'll try that on the last 2. Marg

Bookmark   February 8, 2010 at 5:59PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

That was one big plant!

I wonder how old your plant is..Looks like you did a beautiful job. Those are some nice looking beauties..

Mike..:-)

Bookmark   February 10, 2010 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
Flowers clivia stuck in the middle
I have a problem. My clivia stopped in the middle of...
Lulu-dori
Jack's Fertilizer 20-20-20 dosing
Hello, I would like to use this fertilizer but am not...
ValerieO77
eBay Clivia Auction extended to Monday, Oct. 21
The dates for the North American Clivia Society Auction...
Ohiofem
How do I ship Lg plant?
I'd like to send a large 2Gallon size plant to my brother...
houstonpat
Overgrown clivia bed
The clivia bed has become an overgrown mess, many years...
socks
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™