Clivia Seeds Sprouting

Betty LevarApril 8, 2009

Didn't realize you had to peel the clivia seeds to get them to germinate sooner. Just 1 day after peeling them I see the root protruding.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandy731(Zone 8, BC, Canada)

Betty, how are the seeds doing? Do you have any pictures?

I have 2 of the common clivia...orange with a yellow throat. I would love to have a yellow one and a pink one. I've looked for other coloured ones but have never seen any. I see from reading other posts that this is pretty much the norm for Canada. I was wondering if you could tell me where you ordered your seeds from. I think the only way I'm going to get any different ones is if I order some seeds as well. I haven't been able to find any seeds for sale in Canada.

Thanks for any information,
Sandy

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 5:25PM
Betty Levar

Hi Sandy: I originally ordered seeds from China off Ebay and it was around Feb. The seeds came but I think froze. So I went on the Clivic Forum in South Africa and asked questions about the seed and a lady for Norway sent me some seed and they all sprouted. I notified the seller and they will be replacing the seed. I also ordered two plants from China which have variegated leaves. Somehow they are able to send to Canada and yet from the US they can't send them??? I would say if you go the Ebay route order from Lily or LovableChina they seem to be very reputable sellers and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 9:08AM
sandy731(Zone 8, BC, Canada)

Thanks for the information Betty. I guess I'll have to break down and get a pay pal account. I've always resisted and used money orders but it gets so complicated that way.

Sandy

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 5:20PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Great work betty..:-)

Mike

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 7:03PM
gardenlover25

Its so nice to hear that your seeds are sprouting. Hope you post a pic of your sprouting seeds.

Bookmark   July 5, 2009 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
Jack's Fertilizer 20-20-20 dosing
Hello, I would like to use this fertilizer but am not...
ValerieO77
Berries that stay green?
In the years that I had no inclination to germinate...
Ddruck
Clivia Leaves
Hi, Some background: In December, my clivia which was...
jmsnyc
clivia
I have a clivia , very large yellow for free if anyone...
lonemuchow
My Clivias
here are my clivias. clivia miniata - orange color clivia...
bunti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™