Clivia Seeds Sprouting

Betty LevarApril 8, 2009

Didn't realize you had to peel the clivia seeds to get them to germinate sooner. Just 1 day after peeling them I see the root protruding.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandy731(Zone 8, BC, Canada)

Betty, how are the seeds doing? Do you have any pictures?

I have 2 of the common clivia...orange with a yellow throat. I would love to have a yellow one and a pink one. I've looked for other coloured ones but have never seen any. I see from reading other posts that this is pretty much the norm for Canada. I was wondering if you could tell me where you ordered your seeds from. I think the only way I'm going to get any different ones is if I order some seeds as well. I haven't been able to find any seeds for sale in Canada.

Thanks for any information,
Sandy

Bookmark   April 13, 2009 at 5:25PM
Betty Levar

Hi Sandy: I originally ordered seeds from China off Ebay and it was around Feb. The seeds came but I think froze. So I went on the Clivic Forum in South Africa and asked questions about the seed and a lady for Norway sent me some seed and they all sprouted. I notified the seller and they will be replacing the seed. I also ordered two plants from China which have variegated leaves. Somehow they are able to send to Canada and yet from the US they can't send them??? I would say if you go the Ebay route order from Lily or LovableChina they seem to be very reputable sellers and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 9:08AM
sandy731(Zone 8, BC, Canada)

Thanks for the information Betty. I guess I'll have to break down and get a pay pal account. I've always resisted and used money orders but it gets so complicated that way.

Sandy

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 5:20PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Great work betty..:-)

Mike

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 7:03PM
gardenlover25

Its so nice to hear that your seeds are sprouting. Hope you post a pic of your sprouting seeds.

Bookmark   July 5, 2009 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
HELP! My clivia is dying!
I posted on Florida Gardening too, but wanted to post...
Kasima
eBay Clivia Auction extended to Monday, Oct. 21
The dates for the North American Clivia Society Auction...
Ohiofem
Berries red..
Have a cliva with red berries, are they ripe, what...
rosegrowernb
waterlogged rescue & gritty mix help please
Hello, I had 2 potted Clivia's that I inherited that...
GrnThmbInTrng
Care of young clivia
I recently purchased a Clivia Good Hope in a 4"...
lizkuntne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™