Hybrid Clivias at HD

musaboru(Inland Calif.)May 21, 2009

Just an FYI, I saw some one gallon clivias at HD and they seem like they were seedling grown because all of them had varying leaf forms. One even had slight streaking and looked almost variegated, some even looked like the wide-leaf clivias, and a few others had spear-like leaf shape. I thought that was unusual. The grower is Bordier's Nursery (California) and they are labeled as Belgian Hybrids on the tag.

I thought this might be of interest for some people since these do not look like the usual clivias and who knows, you might get an interesting flower from these hybrids. But still a bargain for the price.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kelpmermaid(10S24)

I've seen (and actually bought) a yellow there earlier this year. I'll have to go out and see if I still have the container.

Bookmark   May 21, 2009 at 11:07PM
musaboru(Inland Calif.)

Yeah, the yellow ones are becoming available now at some big box nurseries for under $20. What a long way from big dollars these use to fetch.

Bookmark   May 23, 2009 at 10:27AM
craigr2006

Hi,

Is "Bordiers" the new name for hines nursery? Hines filed for bankruptcy, so I'm wondering if they are now renamed. Both are listed as large nurseries in Irvine, CA. Hines used to sell peaches and yellows, as well as the belgians. The Belgians come in all shapes and sizes. They just demonstrate the great variety of Clivias as a seed grown plant.

Thanks,
Craig
Sacramento, CA

Bookmark   May 28, 2009 at 11:58PM
More Discussions
Jack's Fertilizer 20-20-20 dosing
Hello, I would like to use this fertilizer but am not...
ValerieO77
Is ID without flower possible?
I have this one section of my yard that has a bunch...
Sugi_C
Clivia flower bud stuck!
Hello Everyone, It was 2 weeks ago I saw an orange...
qhslau
Clivia
how do I get my Clivia to bloom? It is huge. The pot...
josephene_gw
Care of young clivia
I recently purchased a Clivia Good Hope in a 4"...
elizabethk1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™