Links to clematis pictures?

cweathersbyMarch 6, 2010

I've scanned the gallery and done google searches. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of clematis in the garden? I don't want to see individual blooms, but plants as a whole, and combinations. Would like ideas of which colors and shapes look good next to each other. I've got a HUGE order coming soon that I need to plan out! Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tulipsmiles(6 South of Boston)

Great question, Cweathersby. I would like to see the same. I always do a google search if "images" but usually, it's close ups of blooms. I'm hoping too, someone replies with a link.
thanks

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 9:55AM
gardengal48

As great as the Internet is, sometimes you just cannot find what you need online. And that's when you resort to books!! Or magazines. Gardening with Clematis: Design and Cultivation by Linda Beutler has a lot of photos of clematis in the garden, accompanying a variety of other plants. Fine Gardening magazine has also offered various features on clematis that have great photos associated with them.

I'd suggest a visit to the library to find what you need :-)

Sometimes the other big gardening website who shall remain nameless will have members photos of specific cultivars that offer more than just a flower close-up.

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 2:23PM
michael_in_chicago(z5)

Other great sources would be the archives of Gardenbuddies.com's clematis forum or this site's older posts, especially the ones from April - October.

Bookmark   March 7, 2010 at 6:02PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

I found Linda Beutler's book to talk about Clematis as companions but show pictures more of close ups.....

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Montana grandiflora frost protection?
Greetings ... I recently moved from relatively frost...
rovenorth
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
Moving Clematis
I have a very large, healthy 10-yr-old Nelly Moser...
rainydaywoman_z8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™