A healthy Clivia

jon_z6bJune 13, 2012

She seems to be pretty happy... no special potting mix or any of that (pretty much just straight garden soil). Yeah, I know, It's about time to divide.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dondeldux

Jon,

That is a beauty for sure, lovely flower and great wide leaves, I am a fan of the wide leaves and shorter stature..and look at all the flower spikes! You could always just lift it out of that pot and plop the whole thing in a larger pot and forget about it for the next 10 years..just think of all those lovely flower..!! Just look at that gorgeous offset!

I'm new to this clivia thing, all my plants were started from seeds a few years ago and I purchased several from Ebay that are about the same age. So,I must wait and, I'll have to enjoy mine through other people's flowers for the time being...:-)

Donna

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:07AM
socks

Very nice. I'm surprised to see it blooming now. I think mine bloom in the fall or winter (cannot remember exactly).

Bookmark   July 13, 2012 at 7:12PM
otnorot(z5ont)

Sorry but with all those blooms (beautiful) it is not time to repot until they are finished.
Bill

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 7:06PM
jon_z6b

That's exactly what's been holding me back Otnorot...
Mainly so as not to disturb seed production. Two years running I have tried to cross it with a red Hippeastrum.
This seedling looks different enough from the others that I'm hoping it might be a hybrid:

This year I put pollen from an Amarcrinum on it.. so I still have to wait to divide it.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 11:12AM
Ohiofem(6a Ohio)

Sorry, that looks like many of the clivias I have grown from seed and nothing like an amaryllis. Many have tried to cross clivias with hippeastrums and there is not one instance in which genetic analysis has shown they succeeded. They are distant relatives with different genes.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
HELP! My clivia is dying!
I posted on Florida Gardening too, but wanted to post...
Kasima
My Clivia Update -- 1.5 years in
I'm sort of embarrassed to post this. Back when I first...
Sugi_C
Is ID without flower possible?
I have this one section of my yard that has a bunch...
Sugi_C
clivia
I have a clivia , very large yellow for free if anyone...
lonemuchow
Overgrown clivia bed
The clivia bed has become an overgrown mess, many years...
socks
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™