Rebecca

ruthzApril 12, 2014

This is supposed to be Rebecca, but the color looks closer to pictures of Rouge Cardinal.
Could it have been mislabeled?
Any thoughts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
neptune44(6)

Don't trust digital cameras!
For me your clematis is Rebecca

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 4:01AM
ruthz

Thank you for verifying that it is Rebecca.
I ordered it from Bluestone Perennials and the pictures they have online of Rebecca show more scarlet and less rose color, while the pictures of Rouge Cardinal are the exact color of mine.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 10:24AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

My Rouge Cardinal is opening and here it's rather wine-ish. Not as pretty as your picture_s.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 2:36AM
davessels

ruthz, I have a Rebecca ordered, should be here next week. Since you are in Texas, I was wondering where you are/did you plant yours. I have a west facing fence I am thinking of planting it against, it will get Full Hot Sun from noon till dusk. Has anyone else planted clematis facing west in our hot climate and how did they do?
Cant' wait to see it! Debra

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 12:32PM
ruthz

Debra, I'm in the DFW area. I don't have any full sun with 5 oak trees in our yard. I have several planted in different locations in the back yard which is South of house. I have two on East fence facing West. None of mine have done much so far, but hopefully this year.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 2:42PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

While I have seen photos of Rebecca looking as red as a ripe tomato, I've never seen a bloom on one that isn't more of a wine/rose/magenta color....ditto any other Clematis called red except for the species texensis.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 5:33PM
davessels

buyorsell88, when I recieved mine with a bloom on it, your right it was more of a wine color. I am hoping as it blooms where I have planted it, in full sun, the blooms will be more tomato red. We will see, and I will post pictures. Debra

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 7:24PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

I have noticed that how the sun light hits the vine determines how red or wine red the bloom appears on my plant. More sun, more reddish hue.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 11:50PM
flowergirl70ks

I just bought one with bloom on it, it is bright red. and gorgeous. I planted it in full sun. I just couldn't cut those blooms off, not yet anyway.

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Need advice for rehabing clematis
I had a Duchess of Edinburgh (Type 2) growing on both...
subk3
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
New bed ideas....would like clematis included.
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. I am...
suz9601
Montana grandiflora frost protection?
Greetings ... I recently moved from relatively frost...
rovenorth
Moms Clematis
Hey everyone! I normally post on the allium forum and...
landscraper82
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™