Clivia seedlings & repotting

seaecho1(SW CA)September 1, 2007

Hi - I received four clivia seedlings from an ebay seller. They are my first clivias. They arrived very healthy looking and perky after being shipped. All four plants are in the same 6 oz styrofoam cup. Each plant is about 5" tall and has two leaves. My question: should I repot each plant into individual pots now? Or wait until next spring? I am afraid all the roots will be tangled together and am fearful I might lose my new babies! I know clivias don't like being repotted, but they will soon outgrow this little cup. Thank you.

Randi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I know almost nothing about clivias and am just going by what worked for me. I started several clivia seeds in a pot and divided them into individual containers when they were at the 2 leaf stage but only a couple inches tall. If I recall correctly it was mainly one really long root on each plant and was pretty easy to separate. Yours are much taller then mine were and probably have a better developed root system so they might not be as easy to tease apart but I think the sooner the better because it won't get any easier. I could be way off base and hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge about clivias will chime in. Good luck.
Karyn

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 9:20PM
More Discussions
Is ID without flower possible?
I have this one section of my yard that has a bunch...
Sugi_C
Overgrown clivia bed
The clivia bed has become an overgrown mess, many years...
socks
Berries red..
Have a cliva with red berries, are they ripe, what...
rosegrowernb
Clivia Bulbs
My Clivias growing in my atrium have suddenly all started...
Steveareno
Care of young clivia
I recently purchased a Clivia Good Hope in a 4"...
elizabethk1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™