Does anyone know of CG in montgomery county MD

ywontugroJanuary 24, 2007

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew about the community garden plots and their contact info in Maryland.

I tried looking up parks and planning website for montgomery county, but cd not find any info..

any help wd be appreciated.

Thnaks!! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elemental_fool(zone7 MD, USA)

My fiance and I are finding ourselves with the same problem, ywontugro, we recently moved into an apartment and miss our vegetable garden! There doesn't seem to be any information out there on Community gardens or garden plots in the vicinity of Montgomery County, Md. We would also be open to other options in the general area: Prince George's County, Howard County, etc. (DC is probably out, though) if we only knew where to look! Any information: websites, contact people, etc. would be VERY greatly appreciated.

Bookmark   March 11, 2007 at 7:12PM
ceridwin13(6)

I just posted a similar question myself (should have done a search first, sorry folks). I'm at a loss to explain why we can't find a single one. If you ever found any info, please share...if not, maybe we could start one?

Bookmark   January 14, 2008 at 4:21PM
ceridwin13(6)

Hey, just a follow up to this in case anyone is still looking. If you are near the Rockville area, there is an enormous community garden at Wootton's Mill Park. I found it by calling the Cooperative Extension services office for Montgomery County (ask for the Master Gardener program). They also gave me info on several other locations, so if you don't live near Rockville there may be another one closer to you. Give them a call!

Bookmark   January 29, 2008 at 12:55PM
kfgardener

We have a wonderful community garden in the King Farm development near Shady Grove in Rockville, MD. This is our fourth year. It has been so popular we have inspired a second one at the other end of the development - this is their first year. I also know that there is a new one in Falls Grove. There is also a demonstration garden in Derwood. To learn more, I suggest you contact the Montgomery County Master Gardeners at:
http://mastergardener.umd.edu/local/Montgomery/index.cfm
They are the ones who got us started and they are an *excellent* resource.

Bookmark   June 20, 2009 at 6:18AM
ada

The link is: http://www.montgomeryparks.org/permits/find/community_gardens_program.shtm

Montgomery County Park Service runs several gardens. The plot can range from 200 sq ft to 625 sq ft but not all locations go up to 625 sq ft.

Here is a link that might be useful: Montgomery County Maryland, Community Gardens

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Plant markers for memorial garden
Our garden club has maintained a small memorial garden...
likesivy
Dawn Redwood
Hello... does anyone know if the famous "Dawn...
JulieB10
Straw Bale Gardening, seems to be taking over the world.
The number one best selling book in the gardening world...
Joel Karsten
Managing residency requirements & waiting lists?
I'm wondering how other community gardens manage their...
LizzaNVA
Sensory Gardens for People with Dementia
I work in a home for people with Dementia. We are currently...
Michael Jessup
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™