Can I Move a Couple of Clematis Now?
I have 3 Clematis' up against a fence in my yard where they are now standing in water most of the time. I'm suprised that they're even growing but they are as of right now.
Due to the horrific Ice Storm we had in Western MA this past December, two very large trees had to be taken out on that side of my house and now the french drain that comes out of my basement is pointing right are two of them. I would like to transplant them to someplace they'll be safer but not sure if I should do that now. It's sort of a catch 22, or damned if I do and damned if I don't.
I love these Clems, they bloomed so nicely last year and it was only their second year. They are Bonanza, Galore and Abundance. Abundance is the one that's in the most trouble, it's right in the line of fire, so to speak!
Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd hate to wait until the fall, when they might not make it through the summer.