Kumquat tree

msharifi(9)March 4, 2012

Hi all,

The tree I bought year and half is showing sign of deficiency and wanted to know if this is magnesium issue. The tree is not planted by grass and it does not get overwatered. I did add some Epsom salt week ago and have not seen sign of improvement.

Thanks much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

This is still manganese deficiency, not magnesium. That is traditionally our issue here in S. California. See that brown tip? The classic picture of manganese deficiency is the leaf starting to yellow from the tip to petiole, and the tip can then sometimes turn brown. Instead, try a foliar application of Grow More Citrus Grower's Blend. You can apply once a week until you start to see things green up. Another option you can use is Gro Power All Organic Soil Conditioner, that has a very large amount of humic acid in it, which will help bring down your pH. Apply that, as well as Gro Power Citrus & Avocado Food. Top with about 2 to 3 inches of compost and finish off with about an inch layer of wood chip to help conserve soil moisture. Water in gently and well. That will help. As our soils warm up, and with the addition of the soil conditioner, the roots will be able to absorb the micronutrients eventually, and the foliar micronutrient application will get you through. This is a classic issue for us in S. California. See the link I've provided for you below.

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: UC Davis: Citrus Nutrient Deficiency Symptoms

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 11:58AM
msharifi(9)

Thanks Patty so my other tree satsuma didn't have magnesium but manganese deficiency?

I sprayed the leaves with the below info you told me week or so ago.

Thanks ;-)

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 12:20PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

It's really manganese out here, and not magnesium. That was my fault Monsoor, sorry! My recommendations will help that I've given you. I have the same problem where I am in N. San Diego county.

Party S.

Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 2:37PM
More Discussions
Meyer Lemon has sticky leaves - is this good?
Happy Winter everyone. I am new to growing my meyer...
dpolson37
Has Anyone Tried "Atomic Grow"? Does It Work As Claimed?
I was browsing through some YouTube videos on "citrus",...
gadgetvictim
Please share recents pic of your potted citrus with us.
Here is just a few of miine larger and smaller ones.. I...
meyermike_1micha
Meyer leaves issue
Hello, My container meyer is having issues. Leaves...
eshieh1
How MUCH citrus fertilizer do I feed my container citruses?
How MUCH citrus fertilizer do I feed my container citruses?...
vickicat
Sponsored Products
Spring Colors Wall Art
$239.00 | FRONTGATE
Forever Green Art Burst In g Reds
Beyond Stores
'Los Angeles' Cityscape Ornament
$14.99 | zulily
48-inch Multicolored LED Fiber Optic Tree
Overstock.com
Countertop Three-Arm Towel Tree
Signature Hardware
Hinkley Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Low Voltage Bronze 50-Watt MR16 Composite Spo
$59.00 | Home Depot
Mango Wood Bowl Table - Mater
$400.00 | HORNE
Dexton Fire Fighter Comet Sedan Pedal Riding Toy - DX-20332
$314.95 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™