Lemon tree retailer needed

kiropod(7)March 8, 2011

Looking for a quality store to purchase and ship. I've heard of 4 winds, but was hoping for a store on the east coast as it would be a shorter distance/time for shipping. Thanks for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zecowsay

www.almostedenplants.com Just search for "citrus." They aren't east coast, but I live in New York and when they ship out on Monday I get the trees on Wednesday. Not expensive, really nice trees. They have meyer, ponderosa and variegated eureka.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 2:48PM
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

a few people here have ordered from Logee's greenhouse, they are on the east coast. I dont have any experience with there plants.

Address:
Logee's Greenhouses
141 North Street
Danielson, CT 06239

Phone Numbers:
Toll-Free: (888) 330-8038
Local: (860) 774-8038

http://www.logees.com/default.asp

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 3:17PM
zecowsay

Logees has a better variety than Almost Eden, but the plants are double the cost for half the size.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 4:48PM
bgtimber75

Well you convinced me to put an order in at Almost Eden Zecowsay. I was trying to pull the trigger on a order at Four Winds but the at $70 for 2 plants including shipping I just couldn't do it considering I'm still a citrus novice. $35 and change for a Meyer Lemon and a Variegated Calamondin Orange was a much easier pill to swallow.

If I can get these through the summer I might try Four Winds just because the the great rep they seem to have and their selection.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 7:06PM
bgtimber75

My order arrived today and th plants looked great, the Meyer even has a flower on it. Liked them so much that I contacted John about getting a Sweet Kumquat that they show as being out of stock. He says he can get one for me so I'm getting that and a Ponderosa as well. Bad news is that he says they're going to stop carrying Citrus altogether once these are done, too many state regulations.

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Need help with my Meyer lemon!
Hi everyone, new to this forum and to gardening in...
wanderess
Citrus maxima flower buds?
When should I start fertilizing pomelos?
coconutman
Meyer Lemon tree question
I have a 3-4yr old meyer lemon tree i've kept in a...
clo4l8ty
Black Stuff on Lemon Tree - Leaves Curling
What is happening to my pink lemonade lemon? I've...
lekennedy4
My Meyer Lemon Tree is not doing well... can I save it?
Hi All, I am new to this forum and joined because I...
braun928
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™