Discount Nurseries in Charlotte Area

kpc_atl(Zone 7)June 17, 2008

I recently moved up to Charlotte from the Atlanta area and am looking for a reccomendation or two on nurseries in the area. In Atlanta, there was a nursery about a 30 minute drive outside of Atlanta that bought overstock plants from the wholesalers and sold them to the public at deep discounts (Grower's Outlet in Loganville...stop by if you are ever traveling thru...you can check their website for plant availibility.)

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dottie_in_charlotte(z7-8 NC)

There's a Grower's Outlet on 521(South Boulevard) in Pineville between 485 and Highway 51. I wouldn't say the prices are deeply discounted though. I don't go there because they are to real nurseries like WalMart is to small business. G/O put at least two of my favorite small/personal/unique nurseries out of business so they don't get any of my $$.

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 1:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayette

I have been to G/O on occasion - not my favorite place though. I love Rountree Plantation Nursery off of Old Pineville Road, though it is not a discount nursery. I could wander around there for hours. My other favorite place, with often great prices, is the Farmers Market on Yorkmont Road, parallel to Billy Graham Freeway. On Saturdays they have a plant shed pretty much full of vendors - herbs, shrubs, trees, hanging baskets, pots, etc. Grab a bag of roasted or boiled peanuts as you browse. Things are winding down for the spring season though.

Bookmark   June 22, 2008 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
A New Year's Resolution
I resolve to co-exist with hairy bittercress. This...
dottie_in_charlotte
Indoor planting?
Hi, Did anyone start indoor vegetable seeds sowing?...
aaaaaaaa
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society
The Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society will have...
hosta200
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™