New purchases

buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)April 23, 2010

Clematis alpina 'Stolwijk Gold' one gallon pot $16.99. I took the stake out to get it into my car easier so it is bigger than it looks.

Clematis 'Blue Light' one gallon pot $6.75 on sale at Fred Meyer yesterday. Had to buy it.

took the picture with the dead grass as background so it could be more easily seen. DH did a bunch of work on the house last year and there was a pile of construction debris under a tarp on the lawn all winter.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
organic_kitten(8)

I guess you did have to buy it! If I found a clematis that size for 6.95, you ccan bet it would go home with me.

kay

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 3:55PM
brandymulvaine

Great find! I have patches of dead grass in my yard too, did it on purpose so I can put in more plants!
-B

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 6:56PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

DH just cut the sod in the front yard and increased my beds by about 18" all the way around. He agreed to a foot but he dug more. I would have liked three feet but we compromised. You can't see the Clemmies but there are quite a few non climbers in these pics. Just not blooming yet. I guess you can see Petite Faucon in a cage right look at the rear door of the blue car and Polish Spirit is climbing up a copper spiral on that tree to the left of Petite Faucon. Alionushka (sp) is on the hebe to the right in the picture.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 12:57PM
janetpetiole(4b)

Why does he want all that grass?

Your borders are very nice.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 4:47PM

He has this strange conviction that homes must have a big lawn. It has weeds and moss but he has fought me for years on making it smaller.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 8:14PM

I finally found a Huldine and planted her to climb my purple leaf plum. Paid $15 for a gallon that had multiple stems. I've already whacked her and planted her so I didn't take a picture.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 11:59AM
kitkat_oregon(7)

BoS, how far away from the trunk of your tree did you put Huldine? I had to move my Gravetye Beauty from my fence to a spot I chose under a madrone tree with the idea that she would grow up it, obviously :). I am beginning to regret this decision as the madrone is going to require some kind of wire mesh to get her to the first branches and her roots are in the shade and it will take a good 3ft of growth until GB reaches the sun. Now what?

As to my purchases, I have eight new clems coming from Joy Creek and Brushwood they are:

Asao, Starburst, Gypsy Queen, Black Prince, Candida, Venosa Violacea, Star of India and Tsuzuki. To top all that off, I discovered a Kiri Te Kanawa in a pot that I had completely forgotten about, coming on strong. I love this clematis, I have two now...hee, hee.
Kat

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 7:41PM

About 18". DH spiraled copper tubing up around the trunk so she can climb up. You can see 'Polish Spirit' spiraling up on the tree in the top photo. Planted last year.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
Clematis in SW Tennessee
Just moved here from Northern IL where I had lots and...
ryseryse_2004
Can you please post here if you find clematis at walmart/lowes
Can you please post here if you happen to find clematis...
bluehaven_gweb
Question on a vendor
Hi, Has anyone ever purchased clematis from a vendor...
bellarosa
Hello, I'm looking for clematis seeds
Hello, i'm new on here so finding my way around. I...
ianrtaylor
Snowy winter and first-time clematis - advice please
Last fall I planted my first clematis and we've been...
vesfl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™