Clematis nurseries - suggestions please

gwlolo(9b/ Sunset 15)April 16, 2013

In my previous home, I planted several Clematis from Chalkhill which did wonderully. There were a couple of hours away so I drove there and really enjoyed my visit. Looks like chalk hill is no longer in business? Where do buy clematis? Any good clematis nurseries in california or online sources?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Lots of good online sources - Joy Creek, Brushwood and Silver Star Vinery are a few of the best.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 1:21PM
bobbygil(7)

i CANT RECOMEND BRUSHWOOD ENOUGH. THE PLANTS ARE REALLY BIG AND HAVE MULTI STEMS. DAN HAS DEALS EVERY SO OFTEN SO GET ON HIS MAILING LIST. THERES ONE RIGHT NOW FOR 10% OFF I THINK BOBBY

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 9:59AM
plantloverkat zone 9a north Houston(zone 9a)

Brushwood, Silver Star and Joy Creek are also my favorite clematis suppliers.

Here is a copy of the email from Brushwood just mentioned by bobbygil:

April Showers Special!

All over the internet I keep seeing cute messages and gripes about the winter hanging on too long. Cleverly modified computer messages about "failure to load spring" are among my favorites. I also see friends' Facebook posts showing images of their weather; either pictures out their windows or their weather maps showing storms and continuing low temperatures. This morning it is quite cold here but still springlike for us and I'm excited to do some planting with the whole family this weekend! For those of you still dreaming of spring (and everyone already enjoying it!), here's a coupon code just for this weekend. Type SHOWERS in the discount box at checkout for 10% off your order. Yes, that still includes shipping in the discount! (shipping costs have skyrocketed this year and we know you're feeling it). The coupon is even good for plants already on sale like our roses which are on special for another week only and some of our cool new clematis! New orders only, please.

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 3:54PM
opheliathornvt zone 5

Thank you so much for sharing the email. I just ordered two more clems (not that I needed them, but...).

Bookmark   April 20, 2013 at 5:31PM
More Discussions
Moms Clematis
Hey everyone! I normally post on the allium forum and...
landscraper82
Clematis Princess Kate
Hmm, a new Texensis, looks pretty spiffy. Let's see...
boday
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Snowy winter and first-time clematis - advice please
Last fall I planted my first clematis and we've been...
vesfl
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™