Community gardens in Dallas

cathy m - txMay 25, 2000

I'm looking for a community garden in the Dallas area that encourages gardeners of all ages.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cheryl Scurlock

Cathy,
The Medical Center of Plano is initiating an on-site community garden this month. There will be opportunities for everyone to participate. There will be a butterfly plant
area, an herb area, a universal access area for vision and physically challenged persons,a meditation garden, antique rose garden, and a "Path of Life" in memory or honor of a loved one. I hope you will consider participating in this inspirational community project! I will be happy to e-mail you information about our ground-breaking plans for "Volunteer Day", the day we hope to get started with our first theme area of the garden.

Bookmark   June 30, 2000 at 4:18PM
wildwoman

I'm applying for a community garden coordinator job and would like to know if any other coordinators out there could share their experiences so I might have an idea of the scope of the job and any other you might add as personal adendum.

Bookmark   July 10, 2000 at 9:09PM
al martin 75061

Looking for a plot of ground to resume my therapy in growing plants. I have a Horticulture Degree from Univ. of Mo. Love to share my ideas with other people. Can u help?

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 3:05PM
More Discussions
Community garden idea. Need some experienced insight.
So here's some background, before I get to my questions....
TrpnBils
No Community Garden? Sharing Backyards!
I wasn't sure where to post this information on the...
BluenoseDee
Is a garden near roads/toxic areas better than no garden at all?
I've been thinking about this today as I watch TED...
mmiesse
Thinking of Joining a Community Garden
Hello all, I am thinking about renting a plot from...
kcg1231
Non-profit in need of seeds!
Hello, My name is Christine and I am posting on behalf...
Chrissi77
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™