any interest in a Charlotte fall swap?

dhijanaJune 20, 2010

anyone interested in Charlotte area for a swap of plant materials, veggies for fall/winter, seeds, bulbs, cuttings and the like say some time in September? If there is some enthusiasm, we could arrange a Sunday afternoon swap spot and meet each other as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alex_7b(7b/8a)

Where could it be held?

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 2:24PM
dottie_in_charlotte(z7-8 NC)

We tried it one year in the McAlpine Greenway parking lot off of Monroe Rd in So. Charlotte. Only three of us turned up and this was for a spring swap.
I've been on GW regularly for many years and kept an extensive list of members,their locations and their plant preferences and I can tell you that this region of NC has very few GW participants. Many gardeners, since we are a very populous region, but people tend to stumble upon GW and may never get to the regional forums once they've gotten their answers from the plant or problem specific forums.
I wear my GW tee shirt whenever I go to farmers markets and garden centers and it's amazing how few people know what a great resource is hiding on the internet for gardeners.

I wish the organizers of the popular spring and fall swaps would print up and sell teeshirts or bumper stickers advertising GW so we could spread the word more widely.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 2:30AM
fluffybutt

I'd be interested!

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 8:43AM
junehl(Z7 NC)

I would be interested in one. Just moved into a new place, so not much to swap, but I'd be able to bring some food and seeds

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 9:51PM
More Discussions
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
Errosion on active creek
I need help saving the large trees on the banks of...
kellyinnc
Agave victoria-reginae hardiness
Hi, Has anyone successfully grown these outside in...
seedmoney
Farm lands in and around Wake County?
I am planning on buying 3 to 5 acres of farm land....
aaaaaaaa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™