Pot size for brug?

mad_about_mickey(**7* *N.C.)June 17, 2008

I have one that finally grew!! Now it is about 3-4 ft tall and is in a 15'' wide by 14 '' tall plastic pot. Should/could it be put in ground, or should i move it to a bigger pot? I picked it up at the spring swap. Don't know from who, but I have such hopes for this one...The last one I had had gorgeous peach flowers and I loved it. Was so beautiful and smelled good. Sadly, it didn't survive the winter in the garage `sigh`. That one I had put in the ground early. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

With brugs, the bigger the pot the better. I've had 2 in huge pots 2 winters now in our unheated basement and they've done great. In fact this past year one bloomed most of the winter down there! You have to feed them a lot and of course they are thirsty devils in the summer. Just keep them barely watered in winter. I underplant mine with low stuff since they are leggy. Also added some mina lobata in one pot last year and morning glory in the other pot and that worked really nicely.

Bookmark   June 17, 2008 at 9:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trianglejohn

They are distant relatives to tomatoes and all of them will fill any sized pot with mats of tiny roots. After a few years if you decide to repot it, it is kind of amazing the way the whole root/soil ball comes out in one big chunk - shaped just like the inside of the pot.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
black currents in the South
I want to grow black currents in the Triangle and have...
ChurchofBotany
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
Free Talk re Edible Landscaping in Cary
Brie Arthur recently gave a talk at the Rock Garden...
Ralph Whisnant
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
Symposium in Greensboro, NC
Guilford Horticultural Society has announced its 30th...
ncrescue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™