Sweet Potato Help

nostalgicfarm(5)January 7, 2009

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I am working on my garden plans to figure out what will go with what. I am going to do a raised (or mounded) 4*6 bed with Peas and Beans on the north side growing on a trellis that leans up and towards the south, so the beans and peas hand down for easier picking. I am trying to decide the best plant to put there. I would really love to do some sweet potatoes there, but am concerned that I can't find any companion information on sweet potatoes. The area would be slightly shaded, but not much as the overall garden is not shaded. (Plus, the trellis would be open to the south instead of the North)

What do you all think? I don't want to do this and find out that my sweet potatoes won't grow around Peas or Beans, but more importantly, I don't want to not get a snap pea harvest. That would be terrible!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terrysal(7b Denton, TX)

I'm new to gardening, so I don't know how much help I can be, but I did a little research into this because I'm planning to grow peas and beans. So far, what I've seen is that potatoes and beans and peas can grow together well. If you do go this route, I'd like to hear how it went for you. I'm not doing potatoes this year, but will be doing some for next.

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
myrtle pot
Hello Everyone I've been quite a while trying to grow...
TalSlavisnki
raspberrys and strawberries?
I have a row of raspberries being delivered in a few...
stoloniferous
Companion plants for roses???
What are good companion plants for roses in partial...
putri.m
If nasturtiums keep bugs away what's eating mine?
I have nasturtium seedlings that are being eaten by...
moment
Gardenias and tomatoes
I have a lovely gardenia tree that has a woven trunk...
ribsu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™