Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

sistersusan(Cypress, TX z9)February 4, 2004

Does anybody have any interesting plant combinations with Sedum Autumn Joy?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scenery(zone 7 VA)

In your zone you should be able to grow Muhlenbergia capillaris as a perennial. The Gulf Muly grass is very airy and the color of the plumes mimics the heads of your sedum. I also like the various agastache with it, especially A. 'Apricot Sunrise', this too should be perfectly hardy for you. We struggle with them in our zone. Count yourself lucky as this threesome is awesome.

Bookmark   February 13, 2004 at 8:53AM
magicricky(6)

I love my autumn joy w/the beautiful grass 'Hamelin', I think that's how it's spelled. Sometimes called 'Bunny Tails'. They are a gorgeous combination and so I'm repeating in my front yard too.

Bookmark   March 13, 2004 at 7:56PM
daphnexduck(Z8 Tacoma, WA)

I've got some Sedum in pots on my deck (the kind with pink flowers, not orange-red) next to pots of geraniums with the same color pink flowers, and some pots of ferns. They all look great together.

Bookmark   September 17, 2004 at 8:54PM
Braveland4H

Elijah's Blue Fescue

Bookmark   September 21, 2004 at 10:07AM
Terry_NY(6)

stachy-lamb's ear. The silver green foliage next to the flowers, especially as they get darker are very striking to me.

Bookmark   September 27, 2004 at 6:55AM
julie79(z5/6 MA)

I underplanted my Autumn Joy this year with a dark pink/maroon coleus -- maybe 'Wizard'?; lost the card -- and put a deep red dahlia just behind them They look great together!

Bookmark   October 4, 2004 at 1:09PM
Mike Larkin

I like dwarf fountain grass and sedum autumn joy. The tan seed heads looks nice witht he maroon flowers

Bookmark   October 30, 2004 at 9:22PM
bigeasyjock(z8Ms)

Have you ever seen theis sedum in mass? Wow!!! I saw a large planting around a bench and it provided year round interest( saw it in fall and mid winter). Do not cut off the old heads! They will stay on all winter and have a real interesting look to them. Again this was a large planting so if you have a single plant or two the effect wouldn't be the same.
Bet this would be really cool in a colder part of the country with this plant surrounded by snow.
Mike

Bookmark   December 5, 2004 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Forsythia and Emperor Orange Tulips
This plant is over 40 years old. Every year just after...
Emerogork2
Gardenias and tomatoes
I have a lovely gardenia tree that has a woven trunk...
ribsu
Companion plants for roses???
What are good companion plants for roses in partial...
putri.m
Bell peppers and Four o'clock flowers
Is it safe to plant four o'clock flowers along side...
Mela765
sweet potato vine
I just recieved several sweet potato vines as a gift....
m. west - 8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™