Would you transplant a shrub right now??
Okay, I think I know the answer to my question already, but I'll be honest and say that I'm a bit impatient and I want to do something now, even though I know I should wait until Fall. I'm hoping that if I hear enough voices of reason, that I'll refrain from what I'm thinking of doing . . .
I have a long row of about 15 shrubs, that were just identified here in this Forum, as Ligustrum. I understand they're incredibly invasive. So the plan is to get rid of them, and plant something in their stead. So yesterdy, I dug up four of them. They were planted about 2 feet apart, and in their place I planted 2 tiny Yuletide Camellias. I think they were 1 gallon plants. Yes, it looks pretty silly right now, but on a shoestring budget, what can you do???
I have a 1 gallon azalea and "mohawk" viburnum, that I plan on moving to this location in the Fall. I planted the viburnum last Fall, and the azalea this Spring. Now my gut tells me to leave everything as it is right now, and wait until the Fall because of cooler temperatures etc. My impatient self, wants to do the transpant now.
The location is heavily mulched, 3-4 inches of hardwood mulch. It is shaded in the morning, and then gets full sun (noon) and then dappled sun (3:30ish) for the rest of the afernoon.
Of course, I could always take out all the shrubs just leave the garden empty.
Sorry for such a long-winded tale. Any thoughts???? Like I said I need a voice of reason here!!