IDs again, #4

kwie2011August 1, 2014

I saw this same pink-edged plant in 2 different shops - had to check to be sure it wasn't paint. It isn't paint, but considering the odd pink tone, strange pattern, and the fact that no other succulents in these shops have the red edges of sun exposure, I'm almost convinced it's dye. They glue plants to pots, and attach dried flowers to them, so dying the edges of some leaves doesn't seem like a huge jump.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LilBit7765

Some are just naturally beautiful lol I just picked a succulent up today (yesterday) that is a bluish green color with a pinkish red outlined around the edges it's just the way they are the one leaves on mine are rounder though

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 12:43AM
kwie2011

So you think it's real? If it is real, it is very cool. I hope you're right. Must be someone who knows for sure.

Yours sounds lovely. I always associate red with sun exposure, but I've seen photos of a Crassula sp. 'campfire' cultivar that is fucia, but it might be PhotoShoped. Now there's yours, and this pink oddity. I hope it is real.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 1:34AM
LilBit7765

I'll take one tomorrow and show you (my other half is sleeping) he gets up at 4AM I keep my plants indoors at night in our master bath and bedroom bcuz that's where all the light is if they don't make it outside for the day lol

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 1:39AM
RamAlaRag

I have that exact plant. It's just beautiful! I have no idea what it is, I got a cutting of it off of Etsy.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 1:59AM
kwie2011

Has yours made new pink leaves, Ramala?

Species, anyone?

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 5:42PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SunDiegoCA)

It is Aeonium 'Kiwi'. Very pretty & the colors change...one of my faves!

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 11:48PM
kwie2011

Hmmm...I have an Aeonium "kiwi" from another shop that looks completely different - yellow with green and pink stripes, so I guess the colors DO change! Wow. Mine has very compact leaves in comparison too. I wouldn't have known they were the same species. Very cool. Thank you, Rosemarie.

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 12:55AM
More Discussions
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This was growing along with cactus it has red ripe...
maufie123
Need Help rooting GIGANTIC Jade cutting from 30 year old specimen
As stated, someone did a HUGE favor for me (no charge...
Bama_Joe
Aeonium hybrids from Southern California
these always look great this time of year (their 'happy...
palmbob
Thanksgiving cactus needs help
I have a TC that I have had for perhaps 7 years. Last...
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
Help! Unhappy succulents!
Help! My succulents don't look happy! Their little...
holliescruton
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™