A house down the street put up a sign indicating it was under permit review for demolition. It is a pretty old house, and had been landscaped with some succulents a long time ago. Always after a bargain, I sent the owner a letter, asking if I could purchase the two large Pachypodiums. It took him a couple months, but he finally gave me a call today. He agreed to an awesome price, and I was so excited, I dug the smaller one up right away. I'm still debating when and how to take out the larger one. I may wait until Febuary, when they will actually demolish the house. That way I can just take out the wall around the plant, to preserve more of the root ball.
The larger of the two. It is a little over 5 feet tall.
Lovely flowers with a faint, but pleasant smell.
A rather photogenic bud.
The smaller plant is just about 3 feet tall. It must have been larger at some point, but the larger stem rotted off.
My wife giving me a hand in excavating it!
Had to hack through plenty of roots, but eventually it came out! I need to wait at least a week now to let them all callus over.