onions from peas

chfarchtMay 2, 2009

Companion planting relationships are well documented. There are numerous planting relationships that are to be avoided. But I can find no discussion how far incompatible plants should be planted from eac other ie. how far should Onions be removed from Peas?

My vegetable garden space is very limited and I must plant densely.

Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mailman22(6)

I am surprised no one has answered this yet. Can anyone even venture a guess? 2 feet? 3 feet? 10 feet?

Bookmark   May 10, 2009 at 3:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cozy

Got to read up on that. What are the issues with onions and peas? I have the book Carrots Love Tomatoes ( which I just planted together and what got me here as I was wondering if it was Love or Hate ... I have to read it!) and saw this.
Sure 'nough, I planted onions and peas together and my guess is that 2-4 inches on all sides seems to work ;)

The peas, what are left after the squirrels dug them up and the rabbits gnawed them off, are close to 6 ft tall. These are Sugar Snap and Tall Telephone and this is the first year that I have ever gotten to taste a fresh pea and was truly blown away ... candy!

The onions need thinning and the beets to the right have to be planted a 3rd time thanks to the wabbits but today I hope to have closed down their buffet ;)

Bookmark   May 20, 2009 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
What would grow well under citrus trees
I'm looking for a companion plant for my orange and...
tbug
Vegetable Companion Chart
There are still requests for my chart. That can only...
organicdan
raspberrys and strawberries?
I have a row of raspberries being delivered in a few...
stoloniferous
Butterfly gardening
Hi I'm new to butterfly gardening and we cant use pesticides...
PinkRose84
companion plant unfinished visual pic
i am a visual learner and so i created a visual companion...
QuinnaBrennan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™