Achillea 'Anthea' and....

gardengirl_17(z5 OH)June 1, 2005

On the East side of our house, we have sort of a yellow/chartreuse/red/burgundy theme going. Near a Bloodgood maple I have planted 3 'anthea' Achillea but they are very lonely and crying out for companions. What would you plant with these? I don't mind adding dark purple or white to the garden, but no pink. I saw a nice picture recently of a yellow Kniphofia and Achillea but can't remember what else they planted with it.

Thanks!

Kim

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
merryd

Sorry this isn't a reply to your question but the yarrow you mentioned might be one I've ben looking for. I have an off white that is very long blooming and looks wonderfull in the evening or at night when lights hit it-great for a 'Moon Garden". I'm not sure if I have the right name but I've been looking for what I thought was Athena whenever I see an off white for sale. No luck yet. Could you tell me if Anthea behave like I'm looking for? Having the right name will surely help.

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 7:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengirl_17(z5 OH)

What you're describing sounds very pretty but I don't think it would be Anthea based on your description. Anthea is definitely yellow but a paler yellow than 'Moonshine'. Sorry I'm not much help. Is the foliage on your plant fuzzy grey or is it more of a very ferny green foliage? That might help some other folks with the identification.

Kim

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 11:00PM
More Discussions
Advice for planting on a piece of land
I have recently cut down a lot of bamboo on a piece...
ambey1
Butterfly gardening
Hi I'm new to butterfly gardening and we cant use pesticides...
PinkRose84
How far/close?
When reading companion planting guides I've been wondering...
llilibel03
Bell peppers and Four o'clock flowers
Is it safe to plant four o'clock flowers along side...
Mela765
Forsythia and Emperor Orange Tulips
This plant is over 40 years old. Every year just after...
Emerogork2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™