General citrus questions
HI all, thank you in advance for your help/guidance.
I have just purchased one 15-gallon Eureka lemon and one 15-gallon Minneola tangelo. They have both been planted in the ground in sunny spots. My questions are:
1. When can they be fertilized? And what is the best fertilizer for these trees?
2. Should I pick off the fruits from both trees this year (and next year?) to encourage root growth/establishment?
3. Will my Meyer lemon trees serve as pollinators for the Minneola?
4. If I have landscape fabric on the dripline of the trees, do I put the fertilizer granules over the fabric, or under it?
5. The Eureka lemon currently has no flowers and has a lot of light-colored (new) foliage; is that a good or bad thing? Also I heard that Eureka lemon trees don't live for very long, if so, how many years can I expect it to live?