source for anemones?

vha7777(7)July 11, 2010

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some of the fall blooming Anemones like Anemone x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'. Do the vendors at the farmers market have them in the fall? Thanks a lot!

PS - I went to the Plant Delights open house this weekend and ended up getting many more plants then I needed, haha. Anyone else go?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tamelask(z8a NC)

yes, the vendors at the market will probably have them in the fall when they are blooming- they certainly have in the past.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 4:20PM
vha7777(7)

thanks! do you think there is enough time to get them established for the winter if I plant them in the fall when they are in flower? I just wasn't sure if 2-3 months is enough time

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 5:21PM
dellare(7NC)

Planting them in late summer, early fall is a great time to plant them. Actually in the south it is the best time to plant. Adele

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 10:10PM
twanzat

Yep, I went and did the same thing. Spent $140 - whoops!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 1:06PM
ncgardner(7B)

I have anemones for sale. Good prices. Nice plants. They come from a wholesale nursery. You can go with me pick them out. If you are interested email me: kanmd4now@yahoo.com

Bookmark   July 22, 2010 at 3:14AM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

I can dig and share, but dont know if you are anywhere near Forsyth Co. I looked at your member page but you dont give your county. Email me if you'd like some this Fall. I have both the pink and the white Fall Anemone. If you are far from me, then look into your local plant swaps and look thru the trade lists of members near you. THats how I got mine.

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 4:48PM
patskywriter

i got mine in the distressed section of lowe's for 75 cents each. kept them watered and they're doing just fine. :)

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 5:43PM
vha7777(7)

thanks quirkpod, I love in chapel hill so it's a little bit far but thank you for the offer. I'll have to see if there is a local plant swap somewhere in my area.

I can't believe you got them for 75 cents patskywriter! was that recent? today I was at lowe's and picked up some bit coral bells for 3 bucks and I thought that was a steal and I have been keeping my eyes out for anemones but haven't seen any in the stores.

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 5:56PM
puppyscruff(7/NC)

We had them in early spring at Lowes. Sold out...very popular.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
WANTED: Raleigh Area seed swap?
Raleigh Area seed swap?
brenda_near_eno
Fruit trees
Hi! We've decided we have room for nine more fruit...
HollowOakFarm
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Symposium in Greensboro, NC
Guilford Horticultural Society has announced its 30th...
ncrescue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™