Euphorbia milii growth

planetannAugust 10, 2014

I have an Euphorbia milii that seems healthy enough and blooms regularly. But it has become spindly and the 'branches" are dropping and curling in interesting ways. Is this normal or it it trying to tell me something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nomen_nudum

To wet for certain. in my opinion pot is to big to deep and to wide. Top soil line looks ok but may have a perching water line in the pot.

Would repot into smaller remixing the already seen ( even wet) soil, cut the weeping branches ( mist to slow & help stop while avoiding any contact with white sap) I'd forgo flowering at this time and no watering for a while.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 9:48PM
planetann

should I cut the weeping branches at their base? And pinch off the flowers?

And what is a "perching" water line?

much thanks!

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 10:04PM
nomen_nudum

Not usuall to do but will.... You'll see a suggested cutting plan at the bottom it's your plant and is just a suggestion

Perching water line or PWT (T meaning table in PWT) is an area in the soil where moisture has accumulated and may have formed a very wet area.

Moisture build up from a PWT soil is sometimes soupy or a sloppy mud area in the soil.

Sometimes PWT is a result of a compacted soil area in the soil where moisture is impeded from flowing evenly.

Apx 10 million Good draining soil Ideas mentioned on this forum if you want to concider or if needed

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
mixing the al's gritty mix questions.
Do I put the 1:1:1 ratio together by weight or volume?...
Britni Rice
Hobbits for Nancy
Here are the Hobbits I was talking about. My Mom got...
ehuns27 7a PA
Two more Echies from today
The first is E. kircheriana and the one in the back...
hablu
Has anyone used Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate as an fungicide?
Wondering if anyone has previous experience with using...
addicted2plants
Gollum Surprise
Gollum leaf I came across tonight. Christopher
kaktuskris
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™