Euphorbia milii growth

planetannAugust 10, 2014

I have an Euphorbia milii that seems healthy enough and blooms regularly. But it has become spindly and the 'branches" are dropping and curling in interesting ways. Is this normal or it it trying to tell me something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nomen_nudum

To wet for certain. in my opinion pot is to big to deep and to wide. Top soil line looks ok but may have a perching water line in the pot.

Would repot into smaller remixing the already seen ( even wet) soil, cut the weeping branches ( mist to slow & help stop while avoiding any contact with white sap) I'd forgo flowering at this time and no watering for a while.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 9:48PM
planetann

should I cut the weeping branches at their base? And pinch off the flowers?

And what is a "perching" water line?

much thanks!

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 10:04PM
nomen_nudum

Not usuall to do but will.... You'll see a suggested cutting plan at the bottom it's your plant and is just a suggestion

Perching water line or PWT (T meaning table in PWT) is an area in the soil where moisture has accumulated and may have formed a very wet area.

Moisture build up from a PWT soil is sometimes soupy or a sloppy mud area in the soil.

Sometimes PWT is a result of a compacted soil area in the soil where moisture is impeded from flowing evenly.

Apx 10 million Good draining soil Ideas mentioned on this forum if you want to concider or if needed

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
Do you have crazy sedums
So do you i have some sedums in a pot golden sedum...
spikef35
Help with jade plant growth
I have had my jade plant for over 10 years and it has...
jpkaylor
Help! what's wrong with these succulents
They are with me just only for 2 months. Their leaves...
hm825
Aztcqn's Spiky & Fat Herd
I'm back with a renewed effort to make my yard a place...
aztcqn
A Nice Welcome Today
A little surprise in the mail today...
kaktuskris
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™