citrus trees unhealthy for months

markhamgarden(9)April 23, 2013

hi there,
im trying to figure out what is wrong with my two citrus trees. One is a couple years older than the other and theyre planted 3-4 ft from each other. They have been looking like this for months - they both receive water from buried drop lines. Ive tried increasing and decreasing the amount and consistency of the water they get, to no avail. The leaves look sick - not really falling off, but yellowing and eventually turning brown or getting holes in them. Ive fertilized them with citrus fertilizer at the start of the spring (around 2 months ago) and nothing changed except it encouraged blossom production i think. Someone help me out!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Well, if we could have photos of the trees, both the whole tree, then close ups, that would help. Are you fertilizing your trees and if so, with what, how much and how frequently? The damage I see looks like snail damage, do you have snail issues at your place? The LOVE citrus, and can do significant damage to a tree, especially a young tree. The leaf damages looks chemical to me. Or, possibly fungal. Have you sprayed your trees with anything? Do you have other fungal issues in your yard? Too much water can promote fungal growth, especially with our cool Spring weather. A few more photos of the actual trees would be very helpful.

Patty S.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 3:32PM
markhamgarden(9)

i have leaf curl on a peach tree nearby, but no other fungal issues that i know of. definitely snail damage but something else. ive been using e.b stone citrus fertilizer for the last 2 years, every 5-6 months or so. http://www.ebstone.org/11_citrus.php. I havent sprayed the trees. Any leads or ideas would be very helpful. Thanks!

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:28AM
meyermike_1micha(5)

I think you tree as a whole looks nice!

I think Patty an expert with trees in your area and she has helped many. We will wait on her.

Patty, a special hello to you:-)

Mike

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Should Moro Blood Orange be ripe yet in Zone 9b Southern CA?
We purchased 2 Moro Blood Oranges last spring and they...
Suzi AKA DesertDance
Costco citrus!
Has your Costco started to stock any? We got some kumquat,...
serge94501
Help with citrus scale
Hello all, my satsuma mandarin is dropping leaves....
Jeff
Branch Broke. Lemon ID and other Questions
This tree was found growing on our property when we...
Suzi AKA DesertDance
My lemon tree needs help!
Hello, I recently got a new house with some citrus...
Roderick Agius
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™