black nursery pots

plantbugAugust 6, 2010

I am looking for 30gal plus nursery pots to re-use. Anyone know where you can find these free or for a reasonable price? Close to Greensboro or Asheboro?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ichabod(z8GA)

I assume you want 30 one gallon containers. I just received a hundred "one gallon" pots from the Greenhouse Megastore. I just googled for pots and found these people. The bm300 size is what's considered a one gallon pot in the nursery trade. It's actually about three fourths. With shipping I think it came to about 40 cents per pot. If you want a true one gallon you have to look elsewhere. I also ordered a 4 cubic foot bag of perlite and it cost about two thirds what I would have paid locally.

Ichabod

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse Megastore

Bookmark   August 7, 2010 at 9:21AM
puppyscruff(7/NC)

Stanley Lawn and Garden on Wicker St. in Sanford is going out of business. I noticed that they have tons of nursery pots toward the back. It might be worth calling to see if they have what you want.

Claire

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 11:40AM
lat4005(7b)

I was looking for some recently myself and happened to ask the guy at my local Lowe's if they had any other sizes available to purchase. He showed me over to a corner of the garden area and told me to take all of them I wanted. They apparently give away all the nursery pots of plants they use or throw out. You may want to check with your local places as well...they may do the same. :)

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 10:09PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

Where are you at lat4005? Curious if it's a lowe's close to me.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:57AM
lat4005(7b)

It's the one in Apex over in Brier Creek (Or at least that is the name of the area they call it, new to the area). I didn't even take a small portion of what they had and he said they always have some over there and you can just take them any time.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 10:16PM
tamelask(z8a NC)

rats. I'm in garner. But next time i'm there, i'll ask. I can never get enough really big pots.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
Hello all, long time no speak
It's Nannerbelle. I already had a ID on Houzz so this...
rottie59
Seed swaps/Garden Clubs in Cary NC area.
Hi all, I moved to Cary area just past week. I have...
aaaaaaaa
School flower project....mulch over clay?
My daughter has been looking forward to sowing seeds...
Carolinaflowerlover NC Zone 7b
Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society
The Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society will have...
hosta200
Neem plant?
Hi, Where can I buy neem plant in Raleigh NC? Or can...
aaaaaaaa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™