Techny Arborvitae turning yellow

milton88September 16, 2010

Hi, new here to the forums but I need some help. July 15th I planted five 7ft Techny Arborvitaes. They seemed to be doing fine for awhile. Since then I started to notice a couple of brown branches but I figured this was just transplant shock. The browning has become more apparent and now I notice alot of yellow branches. Where it appear varies, some trees have more toward the bottom and others have it near the top. I am hoping this is only shock and these trees will come out fine, but I am not sure and that is why I came here. I live in southern Maine. I have read stories of root rot, fertilizer burn and another person had the same thing happen and the next year everything was fine. So I am looking for some opinions. It was very hot this year and I dont know if I watered them too much or too little, the nursery did not really give me a clear answer on how much to water. Any questions i can answer and hopefully I can attach these pictures for you to see. Thanks for the help, Steve

I did try to post a picture but I cant figure it out and have searched the site for instructions but cant figure out how to post multi pics, if anyone can help me I can email them to you. Thanks alot.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sluice

Steve, did you get an answer? If not, you might try posting on the Discussions page, more likely to get a response there. I can help post a photo if needed. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 7:16PM
More Discussions
What tall conifers for north side of house ?
I live in zone 5a. The north side of my century home...
Erika
Ghost (gray) Pine seedling
This March the wife and I found a Ghost pine (P. sabiniana)...
pasadena
sequoia seedling with black spots - spray?
I got this 1 year old seedling online a month ago and...
mrvlad
emerald green problems, maybe
Hi, I purchased emerald green arborvitaes (or at least...
evo_lution
What kind of planter for evergreens?
Would it be possible to have evergreens in planters?...
yugoslava
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™