Yellow leaves on Orange Tree

coday00April 6, 2011

I am having a heck of a time with an orange tree. The leaves are turning yellow and falling off. I think I have narrowed it down to either an iron deficiency or the roots are way too wet. I have pictures posted at:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houstontexas123(z9a)

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ch142

might need some fertilizer. nitrogen/magnesium?

how much rain/water has it been getting?

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 1:17AM
coday00

In December we received 15+ inches of rain (hence the mudslides that made the national news). Since then I have watered it once a week fairly heavily.

Bookmark   April 7, 2011 at 10:47AM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

The leaves on my navel orange look EXACTLY the same. The funny thing is I get alot of flowers and good fruit.

I have my tree planted in my back yard in my lawn. I have a circle of just dirt around the base of the tree but I think the grass is stealing the nutrients from the tree. Im planning on cutting more grass away from the tree and feeding it with a 20-20-20 fertilizer I have with tons of micro nutrients. Plus I think I have been a little to liberal with the water. The grass dries out so quick and while Im water I water the orange tree as well. Im sure it is from lack of nutrients and possible over watering.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 10:44PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Probably a combination of a lot of water, cold temps and some chlorosis. Check down to see really and truly how wet the roots are. If they're soaked, stop watering for a bit. Then, give it a very good fertilizing with micronutrients and hopefully your new flush will green up. The older yellow leaves may drop, but you'll see new leaves push out from the bud unions.

Patty S.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 11:12PM
More Discussions
Branch Broke. Lemon ID and other Questions
This tree was found growing on our property when we...
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
Strange happenings with lemon tree
Hi, This is my first post, upon finding your site. I...
alamedadad
Meyer Lemon tree question
I have a 3-4yr old meyer lemon tree i've kept in a...
clo4l8ty
citrus tree gratfting 101
I would like to start grafting my own citrus trees....
rj campbell inc
My poor Lemon Tree!
So, I got up this morning after only about 3 inches...
cygnwulf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™