Landscape Ideas?

debrawkSeptember 29, 2013

Hello Gardeners,

Here is a picture of my sad front yard, (it's about half an acre) where the previous owner planted a row of hawthorne shrubs all lined up along the left side of the walkway, with just centipede grass on the right side. My dream is to create an expanded perennial garden with curves in the front yard along the walkway, but I just haven't a clue what to plant, or where to start. If anybody's been to the Children's Museum place in downtown Raleigh, they have a children's perennial garden out in the back, that I've always admired, and wish I could duplicate in my front yard. Does anybody know of a reasonable landscape designer in the Raleigh area, that can do naturalistic landscape design using perennials and small trees in a front yard? Or is there anybody out there that's a talented hobbyist garden who can offer their services? I would do all the soil prep and planting myself. I just don't want to waste any money putting the wrong plant in the wrong place! I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dogridge(7b nc)

I enjoy doing landscape design and have a fair amount of experience with plants in this area.
I haven't seen the Children's garden, but if you have any pictures of gardens you like (and don't like), that is one of the most helpful things you can offer a designer.
Other things to think about are budget and how much time you want to spend watering and puttering

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 6:05PM
More Discussions
Looking for orange lily
About 7 years ago I bought an orange lily from a horticulturist...
bonnie_il
Dwarf Tomatoes - Anyone Growing Them?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Heirloom Seeds
Greetings! I've been away for a while. Puzzled by...
columbiasc
Looking for some medium tomato ideas
I am not really interested in growing the biggest tomato....
minuet_7a
Howdy!
I just wanted to say good morning! :) And, tell everyone...
mygardnparadise
Sponsored Products
Stainless Steel Underwater LED Light by Troy Lighting
$110.00 | Lumens
Progress Lighting Path & Landscape Lights Low Voltage Black Landscape Pathlight
Home Depot
15748BKT Textured Black 8.5 Watts Wide Kichler LED Well Light
EnvironmentalLights.com
Hanging Path Lamp by Coe Studios
$590.00 | Lumens
Super Duty Casa Marseille Black 4-Piece LED Landscape Set
Lamps Plus