Good website to ID Clematis

samanthab(z5 MA)June 21, 2010

Hi all,

I know a lot of people (including me!) post on here asking for help on identifying their clematis vines.

I found this website and it really helped me. Just type in "Clematis" under Common Name and enter your zone. It will show you a list of Clematis vines that grow in your area and if you click on the name it will show you a picture as well.

Hope this helps!

-Sam

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Identifier

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
opheliathornvt zone 5

Thanks for posting this - I seem to be trying to identify clematis with lost or just plain wrong tags all the time.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 9:23AM
jeanne_texas(Z 8B TX)

Sam..thanks for sharing this website..but IMHO, I feel if you do a search for clematis for your zones..This site is definitely lacking and restrictive. For instance, I did a search for clematis that I "Supposedly" could grow in zone 8 and the list was not large at all..I am successfully growing several varieties that this site says won't grow in zone 8..If researching for an identity of a clematis is your main objective then COTW is far the best and most comprehensive site available today..I especially love using the picture search..you can narrow your search for specifics like tepal or anther color,breeder,pruning group, blooming period..the options are endless when trying to narrow the specifics at hand with what you see in your clematis ..Jeanne

Here is a link that might be useful: COTW picture search

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 10:09AM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

The site is for Missouri so most of the plants are likely those that grow there.

Clematis on the Web is a Clematis resource for the world so many many more are available there.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Clematis winter beauty
I planted a clematis winter beauty before xmas and...
arymretep
clematis paired with climbing rose
I've ordered 12 Madame Carriere climbing bareroot roses...
CarlaCP
Question on a vendor
Hi, Has anyone ever purchased clematis from a vendor...
bellarosa
New bed ideas....would like clematis included.
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. I am...
suz9601
transplanting ?
My friend is getting rid of (throwing away) a clem...
sorie6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™