Do you think this tree will pull through?

HeyJude2012(10b/24 San Diego)May 30, 2013

Hi everyone-just so you know...I am highly embarrassed at what has happened to my trees. I bought this tree and a satsuma tangerine in the winter of 2012. They were my first trees purchased. The only gardening experience prior was some tomatoes, cucumbers and snow peas in the ground. I am now in a house with a cemented patio and while I have a tiny patch of open ground where a hot tub was supposed to go, there is absolutely no place to put a tree unless its in a pot.

I had used pebbles in the bottom of the pots and they must have moved when I put the potting soil in because the hole had gotten covered. My poor tree was drowning. Does it look like it will be okay? I had repotted it 2 weekends ago and there are leaves starting to grow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HeyJude2012(10b/24 San Diego)

Close up. This is a Meyer lemon BTW.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 2:20AM
sugar_land_dave(9a)

Give it a couple of weeks. I think it will be fine.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 5:19PM

Thank you Dave!

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 12:46AM

Re-opening an old post. A little over one year later...This is my Meyer lemon tree. It did pull through however, I had a family emergency at the end of September that only now is finally under control. My poor tree got water and a few handfuls of citrus fertilizer here and there and I need to get on the ball here and take better care of this tree. The leaves are a mix of green, yellow/green and new dark green. There are so many bald looking branches. Do Meyers generally look like this??? It's loaded with fruit so I don't know what if anything I need to do. Feed it more?

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 10:52PM
citrusweekendwarrior

Wow, for the amount of growth and fruit, it didn't waste any time getting back into shape.

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 2:08AM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Not embarressed now, right?

I can't believe all that fruit on such a small plane...Just goes to prove that LOTS of sunlight and warmth can do wonders mixed with fertilizer and a good mix..

Nice

MIke

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 12:42PM
johnmerr(11)

Meyers with that much fruit tend to look like that. Feed it more; and after that give it more food; and be sure the NPK ratio is 3-1-2 with Mg, Ca, Fe, and Zn.

If it were mine, I would start harvesting those lemons; not necessarily all of them now; but as you can use them.

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 1:29PM

Thank you guys! I appreciate the advice. I'll start with the fertilizer and start using some of those lemons.

I tried to post a picture of the back side of the tree yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't post.

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
S.O.S.! What is happening to my lemon tree?
Lemon tree is about 2 years old, started from seed....
afo316
Please diagnose my citrus
My indoor Meyer that I grew from a cutting is developing...
garret_87
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
Black Stuff on Lemon Tree - Leaves Curling
What is happening to my pink lemonade lemon? I've...
lekennedy4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™