Echeveria 'Pappy's Rose' ???

aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. CanadaAugust 27, 2012

I still have a lot ID...ing to do, I've been googling and this one seems to resemble "Pappy's Rose", what do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

More like Ol' Pap's Nose....no, Annette, I know nothing, but it's a nicely-coloured cristate, isn't it! And you definitely have a better stocked nursery there - is this another anniversary gift or that was yesterday?

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 7:58PM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Lol, this one is from my first trip to that garden centre in June. Actually I have three of these, one had more red on it but the color is fading and now I'm thinking it's the same as the other too.
My first trip over to the mainland I bought quite a few succulents in small pots (very reasonable) thinking of making up some containers, now the little suckers are growing like mad and I haven't bought the containers yet so I'm potting them on.
I've always had a couple of Cactus along with Echeverias, Sempervivums, Sedums, Kalanchoes and Crassulas but I haven't known the cultivar names of most of them, now I'm trying to identify them.

Annette

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 9:58PM
ctreeteac(Zone 8b; rain-spewing Oregon)

These cristates you've got are gorgeous. Keep loving them. I'd be thrilled.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 10:50PM

Thanks Colleen, I'm really getting to like these guys. Here's a pic (not the best) of the two cristates side by side, parts of the redder one are starting to look more like the one on the right and the smaller one not in the picture is identical to the one on the right.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 11:26PM
pennyhal(11Sunset23)

Lovely plants! Sometimes it's not so easy to identify a plant as I have learned. The people at nurseries really don't know, and the labels on the pots are usually not accurate. Your best bet is to post photos of a plant on this forum. The people here are experts with tons of experience and will give you the most accurate answers!

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 3:27PM
cactusmcharris

I bet when RoRo steps in we'll have our answer like white on rice.

Annette, I've got a little one of these, about 1/358th the size of the one in the pic below, I could send you, along with your Aeonium.

The Crests By Annette Movement (CAM), not to be confused with that other CAM, was born here and now.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 4:44PM

Jeff, thanks for the offer I'd love one. I went out and took a closeup of the third one, do you want it or the one in the first picture I don't need three.

Annette

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 5:54PM
cactusmcharris

Annette,

Thank you, and I hope I sound gracious, but no, it doesn't get my knickers in a knot like, for example, the plant in the link does. I'll bet you have other crests, though, that I'd be overjoyed by having a cutting of.

Here is a link that might be useful: I'm To Get One of These Next Month

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:13PM

Darn, now I have drool all over my keyboard.

Bookmark   August 28, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
This Kalanchoë
Is anyone familiar with this Kalanchoë? The tag says:...
hablu
Do you have crazy sedums
So do you i have some sedums in a pot golden sedum...
spikef35
A Nice Welcome Today
A little surprise in the mail today...
kaktuskris
Some cactus like water
Who says you can't water cactus every day? This cactus...
Nil13 usda:9a sunset:21 LA,CA (Mount Wash.)
My very first 'Terrarium' and need advice on watering.
So this is my first time doing Terrarium, and i want...
kizasugondo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™