Jade Plant Disease

aardito(9)August 23, 2010

I have had this Jade plant for over 2 years. It did live outside and I moved 8 months ago and has been inside. I also re-potted it about 3 months ago into a bigger pot because he started to look droopy. Now he has cracks all over some of the leaves and the leaves actually break apart, the bottom of some of the leaves is also turned black. I haven't seen anything like this before and cant find anything similar on other posts. Please help!! This is my favorite plant!! Thank you!

Click the thumbnail below to see other pictures.

Jade

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
norma_2006

Too much water and humidity, the leaves crack, and the water oozes out and dries. What you seeing is the white stuff you see on pots that is left over from the water. Trim off the end of the stems, (pinch back) don't water and let the new leaves grow clean, if it is humid don't water. The plant will absorb what it needs from the air.
They do not do will with your growing conditions, it actually hates it and that is the only way it can tell you that something is wrong. Norma

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 7:36PM
norma_2006

This is the critical time, cut back on water, and put plant in bright shade. These next two months will be the critial months. Hold way back on water at this time. No peat moss, nothing that holds water and builds humidity.
At this time of the year we hare having 105F to 108% we think is will cool down in the next two days, our humidity is up as well. I really think the next 3 mo. will be critical, but the plant back about Oct 1 when you see a cool down trend. It like to be crowded in the pot in order to flower,it likes cool night down even 30F it will tolerage a light frost if it isn't wet, you will see batter colors at this time of the season as well.
if you have time look for previous posts regarding'Jade plants' There has been enough written this past year to write a book, hint, hint , hint to all of you who read this. I haven't been responding to 'Jade' questiions. Norma

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:30AM
minchillod_aol_com

I have a jade tree. Its about 3 feet tall. Last year it was so amazing, now it is balding. A month back, leaves started turning black and started dropping. Nursery said may have over watred it, we are letting it dry but still falling. Some leaves have begun to dry. It is about 10 feet away from air conditioner. Have read a lot about it, would like to save this amazing tree.

Bookmark   August 28, 2011 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Echeveria leaves falling off and stem turning dark?
Hello, I'm new on this website and could use some help...
adelalis
Mother of Thousands (Kalanchoe)- can I prune it?
I have two of these in pots. The main problem is that...
elizabethk1
Help! what's wrong with these succulents
They are with me just only for 2 months. Their leaves...
hm825
Dirty Cactus
Help! The new growth on my cactus is nice but the...
trini1trini
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™