dwarf lemon tree

plantgnome(6b//7)May 20, 2012

I have a potted dwarf lemon tree about 2 years old, was wondering how many seasons before it bears fruit?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

Well, it depends on a lot of things, plantgnome. First off, we don't know where you reside, your "My Page" is not filled out. You can add your location and zone(s) (Sunset zone is very helpful if you're in the western part of the USA). Also, is this in a pot or in the ground? How much sun is the tree receiving? How frequently are your watering and fertilizing and what fertilizer are you using? How large/old was the tree when you purchased it? If you can give us this info, we can make a better educated guess. Without that info, then it's a bit of a wild guess. I would say in a year or two, but without knowing the above, hard to guess any closer than that.

Patty S.

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 10:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantgnome(6b//7)

I live on Long Island, NY My question says it is a potted dwarf lemon tree-it is supposedly a dwarf Meyer Lemon tree. The tree receives 4-5 hours of full sun each day. (when the sun is out) I water when the top 1 inch of soil is dry and I fertilize every 2 weeks with Dr. Earth Fruit tree fertilizer. I think the tree was only about 1 year old when I got it in October 2011. It was about a foot tall. Unfortunately I purchased this from Guerneys, which didn't say how big it would be at shipping time nor how old it was. I should have gotten a bigger tree from a different site. It has put on about 6 inches of growth since I planted it, but barely has any branching just a lot of foliage.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 6:23AM
More Discussions
Meyer leaves issue
Hello, My container meyer is having issues. Leaves...
eshieh1
Citrus maxima flower buds?
When should I start fertilizing pomelos?
coconutman
Dekopon on its way
Well I just paid Harris for it. $38 shipped. We will...
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma
Questions about repotting container grown citrus
Hi all, I am a complete newbie but I have taken great...
emilygreenie
My Cuban Shaddock tree
The previous owner had an unknown dwarf citrus that...
BarbJP CA 15-16/9B
Sponsored Products
Ware Clean Living 2 Level Small Animal Cage Multicolor - 16017
$165.81 | Hayneedle
Nassau Old Bronze Flush Mount
$376.00 | Bellacor
Woodstock Wind Chimes of Pluto Silver/White Wash Wind Chime - DCW27
$25.50 | Hayneedle
Nassau Aged Brass Two-Light Flush Mount
$482.00 | Bellacor
Ware Carefresh Dwarf Hamster Kit Multicolor - 2213
$28.67 | Hayneedle