Trying again...any clue who she is?

jumpindogs(4-5)June 4, 2012

Apologies if this comes through twice. I posted last night and still cannot see my post so I am trying again. And this time I am including a FB link since I can't seem to find the upload feature here even though I used it yesterday. Does anybody recognize this Clem? Thanks again so much!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564835_473919515957921_100000196316899_96735770_1585299381_n.jpg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jumpindogs(4-5)

The FB link didn't work but I think I figured out where my original message landed...images are posted to the Gallery section and messages posted that way do not show up on the Discussion section? Anyway, my original message with the accompanying image is in the Gallery. Sorry for my fumbling and thanks for any help you can offer!

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 12:32PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

Comtesse de Bouchard perhaps

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 2:26PM
jumpindogs(4-5)

Thanks for the suggestion buyorsell88! I have a Comtesse in another location and they do not look like the same plant. Plus my Comtesse blooms later than this girl so I didn't consider that. But now that I look closer the flower looks almost identical. I wonder if there is a close relative to Comtesse that blooms earlier?

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 4:10PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Try this link

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 10:12PM
jumpindogs(4-5)

Thanks to all who helped me figure out how to post a picture! The process was far from intuitive for my old blonde brain. Here she is. I didn't think Comtesse de Bouchard since I have one in a different location and not only does she flower at a different time but the flowers are not identical. But this sure does look like the Comtesse flowers I checked out online. Thanks again for the ID!

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 6:45PM
plantloverkat zone 9a north Houston(zone 9a)

This is another I don't grow so perhaps I shouldn't add a comment, but this quote is from Joy Creek's website:

"For those needing a late season bloomer, Clematis 'Madame Baron-Veillard' (1885) is an excellent choice. This looks very much like 'Comtesse de Bouchaud' with textured sepals surrounding creamy filaments with green anthers."

Here is a link that might be useful: old garden web thread : Madam Baron Veillard and Comtesse de Bouchaud

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 11:39AM
jumpindogs(4-5)

Thanks for the link! I think buyorsell888 is correct and that she is CDB. The tepals are definitely "wavy; strongly grooved along the midribs" as described in COTW. Thanks again for all the much appreciated assistance.

Bookmark   June 6, 2012 at 12:05PM
dlbk(6a)

Check out 'Shooun' @ clematis on the web:
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=414

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
Plans for 2015
This forum has been quiet for so long... so maybe it'll...
Michaela .:. thegarden@902 .:. (Zone 5b - Iowa)
Snowy winter and first-time clematis - advice please
Last fall I planted my first clematis and we've been...
vesfl
Aack! Clay soil!
Late one night in throes of my new clematis obsession,...
cohouser
Clematis winter beauty
I planted a clematis winter beauty before xmas and...
arymretep
Is this clematis dead legs?
This is a corallary to my earlier message showing the...
marko_212
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™