Looking for clematis 'olgea'

jxa44June 15, 2009

hi fellow clematis lovers,

i am looking for several clematis in the integrifolia group. i have been searching for 'olgea' for several years with no success. does anyone have a source for this clem? or another good source for integrifolias other than joycreek nursery?

many thanx in advance.

joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lalalandwi(5b)

Are you looking for Olgae? Not sure if that was a typo or not.

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 4:32PM
jxa44

yes -- do you have a source?

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 7:16PM
janetpetiole(4b)

I got Olgae a couple of years ago at a local nursery. It was a Monrovia plant. You could email them to ask if they still supply it.

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 8:49PM
janetpetiole(4b)

Email Monrovia. I looked at their website and didn't see it listed, but they might have it later.

http://www.monrovia.com/learn/plant_catalog/search.php?search_term=clematis&preview_image=off&page=1&x=9&y=9

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 9:28PM
lalalandwi(5b)

Joyce, I sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 8:38AM
carol23_gw

I am assuming it's Clematis 'Olgae'. When searching for plants, I often type the plant name + " nursery" in the search engine.

Here is a link that might be useful: possible sources

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 10:47AM
janetpetiole(4b)

Jxa44,

I forgot to mention that the nursery I purchased Olgae from doesn't mailorder plants; their specialty is landscaping.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 11:14AM
jxa44

thank you everyone --

carol, your search suggestion is one that i hadn't tried before. i usually search for the plant name + cart (or buy). your suggestion found other nursuries i hadn't considered.

I hope with all of your collective feedback, i'll be able to finally find this plant :)

happy gardening all,

joyce

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 3:59PM
cohouser

Thank you, Carol, for your search strategy. You've just saved me countless hours of rummaging through the various nurseries' websites.

Joyce, I fell in love with Olgae a while back too, and had despaired of ever owning her. Since then of course I've fallen in love with several others similar to her, and right now I'm watching my little Ozawa's Blue leafing out -- she may be a good enough substitute when she gets around to flowering. But I hope you get your Olgae!

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 11:07PM
lostmermaid(zone 5b Ontario)

I have Olgae as well as Integrifolia and Gazelle. Planted at the base of peonies.
May I suggest starting from seed? Yes they cross pollinate and you could get something incredibly fantastic.

I started seed in January of last year. The seeds germinated about April of 2008. I planted up about 15 gazelle and 6 are about to produce flowers!
Both parents are flowering right now as well and will produce flowers till frost here.

I will save seed of Olgae as a matter of course (and will share) but the results could almost be faster this way then waiting for a mature plant to appear on the market.
Just an option if you have no luck mail order.

Dana

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 6:23AM
More Discussions
Is this clematis 'dead legs'?
Hello, I'm new to this site and growing clematis I...
marko_212
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Moving Clematis
I have a very large, healthy 10-yr-old Nelly Moser...
rainydaywoman_z8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™