OT : Hey Bill!

kasha77November 7, 2011

Bill- just wondering if you received my email concerning the box I sent you- and also was wondering what you decided concerning the seedling(s) we discussed. Drop me a line when you get a moment if you will please-

Thanks! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duane456

Bill-- I also emailed you about our exchange--please email me, too.
Duane

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:58PM
karyn1(7a)

That makes three of us. Hope all is well.

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 2:01PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

I emailed him last week about something and he said he would probably be mailing out trades later this week.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 6:40AM
karyn1(7a)

I've been hearing that for a while.......

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 7:29AM
kasha77

I've emailed him several times, nothing. Yet he posted here...

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 7:35AM
chena(z8 Texas)

I sent Bill an email yesterday just to check on him..I haven't heard back from him..
Bill I sure hope your OKAY my Friend!!!

Kylie

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 12:34PM
chena(z8 Texas)

YAY!!!! I just heard from Bill.. Thank God he is fine just swamped with work...I'll Bet he will be poppin in soon.. I hear packages are going out.. just sayin!! LOL

Kylie

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 5:50PM
pearlgirl

Good news!!

Margaret

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 6:06PM
rmbill(6a)

I really appreciate everybodys concern about me. It is heart warming. I am sure nobody is implying that I am scamming cuttings from people without sending cuttings in return. That would be evil of me, for sure, to even think something like that.
I have been swamped at my machine shop so I have had to try and fit the brug thing in to the schedule. I do this for the fun of it and to try and help people get brugs with out having to spend a bunch of money. Last year I sent out hundreds of cuttings and came up around $50.00 short on the postages. I am still sending out cuttings and letting people send me the postage when they receive them. You see, I trust people.

I don't plan on trading cuttings any more as it seems that some are afraid that they will get scammed. I can buy mine on Ebay. They get their money first and don't worry about being scammed. Yes, I am annoyed, but I will still send out cuttings as most people are nice. I will get things out by next week. I have 30-35 requests so it takes a while even if I wasn't busy.

Some of the cuttings that I am sending out.
Bill

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 6:10PM
kasha77

Pretty impressive- you're really organized! I guess we have to be at cutting time- I'm still a mess in my gh. Thanks Bill- looking forward to your box! Don't work too hard!

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 6:30PM
karyn1(7a)

Bill I used to send out between 30 and 50 boxes of cuttings every year. After several years it just became too much. We all put in quite a bit of our own money when we choose to send cuttings for postage.

I certainly think you should understand why some of us are concerned. I've been waiting for several weeks for you end of our trade. First you were going to send them in mid Oct, then it was the beginning of last week. All you would have had to do to alleviate any concern would be to contact those who you've set trades up with to let them know that it was taking longer. All of us would have understood completely. Granted it's a hassle trying to keep up with everything but that goes along with trading. You see now why I stopped posting cuttings for postage and only send cuttings to a handful of people now. It gets overwhelming and just isn't fun. It's more like work. I really do hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Bookmark   November 9, 2011 at 6:34PM
kasha77

Yes Bill & Karyn- I agree, it is a TON of work sending out those cuttings, whether I'm selling them at my web store, trading or if they are for postage. When I get a little behind in sending out everyone's orders, I like to show a little common decency and take a sec. to send out an email update if there's going to be a delay, so recipients won't be worried. If someone doesn't know me personally, it's pretty hard for them to trust me if I neglect to respond to their emails for whatever reason. I want folks to know I'm a person of my word, and I want to treat others as I wish to be treated. Maybe we just need to state this up front in this forum, so everyone knows what is expected when trading. We all want to be treated fairly!

Bookmark   November 10, 2011 at 5:13PM
rmbill(6a)

I am sure that you all know that it wouldn't be like me to show any decency. I just give these things away to make myself feel good.
Bill

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 7:01AM
karyn1(7a)

Bill don't get so touchy. All we stated was that a little communication goes a long way. We are all busy people and trading plants, though fun, isn't a priority. A PM or even a post on the forum saying "I'm busy and haven't forgotten" would have been a good idea IMHO. Have a good weekend.

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 9:35AM
chena(z8 Texas)

S%^$ Happens!!!! I guess I am guilty of the same thing... I have 2 trades I haven't sent for various reasons.. Jerry and Caren I will get them out I swear!!! LOL
I use to offer cuttings for postage it is a lot of time and work.. a PITA.. and I have been screwed over on the postage thing more than once and that is why I don't do it anymore...Bill is an Honest Man.. I visit with him quite a bit.. Communication is import...
I am sure you will get your cuttings Let it ride ya'll come on!!!!!!! ;0)

Kylie

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 12:29PM
chena(z8 Texas)

One more thing.. Karyn.. I have a package you will be getting before long.. AND NO I'm not telling what it is..LOLOLOL!!!!

Kylie

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 1:11PM
kasha77

OK- sorry to go on- I'll drop it! Let's have fun!:)

Bookmark   November 11, 2011 at 2:14PM
pearlgirl

Bill....I will not be a hypocrite to say that I wasn't wondering and waiting also...but, you and I are cool with
the trade. Like Kylie said, this happens and most likely happen again. We're all brug lovers and we should keep
sailing along, trading with each, and helping each other
out when we can.
As I said to you earlier...it's really nice of you to offer
up these cuttings (in MY case) because I don't have a lot
of those doubles. Don't stop trading!! I'm always willings
to share whatever I have with ALL of you. You all are an
awesome group of people on this forum!
Don't worry or fret...let's be happy.

Great Holidays!!

Margaret

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 8:01AM
gottahosta(z7b_NE_GA)

Bill, you are a saint to sent out that many cuttings to so many people. If I tried to do that nowadays, it would probably kill me! I did send out around 15 packages this year, spaced in batches several weeks apart, so it was not so much of a strain ......... and it was still so much work.
So, I salute you!!! People are really lucky to be receiving cuttings from you, especially doubles!!!! Yay!!!

As any of you are shipping now, remember the night-time temps. I always check where my package is heading to make sure the cuttings won't freeze along the way. My last (final!) batch went out to some newbies on Monday, and they all arrived just before the really-cold last few nights happened! Phew!!!!

~Brenda

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 11:24AM
rmbill(6a)

I bought 72 hr heat packs for the cold areas. I got a deal on them from a friend. $1.00 each plus postage. Brand name, too.
Bill

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 4:11PM
kayjones(Mo6b)

Hopefully, Bill, you will add that to the cost of sending them - unless, of course, you also grow money trees!

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 6:22PM
mantorvillain(z4bMN Dodge)

Ooh, Ooh, Oooooh! I want one of those too.....money trees that is! LOL
Will

Bookmark   November 13, 2011 at 9:51AM
kasha77

That's awesome Bill- very considerate to ship with the heat pads during freezing temps. Way to go! :)

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 8:19AM
kasha77

By the way Bill- if you let me know how much my box will cost, I'd be more than happy to send you postage. I don't expect you to ship using your own funds. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 15, 2011 at 5:56PM
kasha77

I received my cuttings from Bill today- 3 big fat beauties! Bill, I've just sent you postage through Pay Pal. Thanks again!

Bookmark   November 16, 2011 at 5:15PM
mantorvillain(z4bMN Dodge)

Hi Bill. I got my box also...those things are huge. I'll reimbse your costs right away.
Thanks,
Will

Bookmark   November 16, 2011 at 8:27PM
pearlgirl

Thanks so much Bill for such wonderful, fat cuttings! Your
generosity will not be forgotten. You really mean business:):). I'm mailing the postage straight away.

Margaret

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 6:21PM
chena(z8 Texas)

Bill!! Thank You so much for the cuttings you sent me as well!!!!! ;0)

Kylie

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 4:09PM
maile_2010(4 Central MN)

Hey Bill,
I recieved your fat cuttings also. Thank you very much.
I just had to post this (you got my email earlier) to rub it in to those who had no FAITH in you and yet , no apoligies. I will let it go now. Thanks again.
Jerry

Bookmark   November 18, 2011 at 7:55PM
pearlgirl

Let's take a long SIGH and exhale. It feels great!
Great Holidays, Bill. I have all of my babies in soil and
I'm off to Florida.
Jerry, I couldn't pull your list up...as my email account
is still being straightened out. I'll still save a P&C for
you for spring, What do you have in doubles? Post here,
please. Thanks!

Margaret

Bookmark   November 19, 2011 at 10:50AM
sibhskylvr((Mike) Arkansas)

Bill

Wanted to let you know the cuttings arrived! They look great! :) Thanks very much for the extras too - really appreciated! Thanks for a good trade!

Have a great weekend buddy!

Mike

Bookmark   November 19, 2011 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Well rooted brug plants-can't root a cutting!
I love these plants and have tried multiple times to...
skipper08
Need Brugs Cuttings
Hello, a few yrs back a very nice woman on this forum...
gardenlady48
Anyone have Painted Lady cuttings?
As common as painted lady used to be i am having trouble...
xeriscape8321
New to brugs
I've not grown brugs before but have admired them for...
Vikki
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™