rough lemon seeds

Boris83May 4, 2012

Hi all, great forum! I'm living in the Netherlands, growing and grafting citrus plants in pots in my garding. I've been looking for seeds of the rough lemon, citrus jambhiri, recently. Does anybody know whether I can order some seeds on the internet? Thanks in advance for your help!

Boris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenscents(8)

wow! That's funny! I just bought a rough lemon at an Herb Faire here in SC. I had never heard of them and was just getting ready to find out about this plant. If I get seeds - I'll send you some!

RuthAnne in SC

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 2:49PM
Boris83

That's awesome! It should grow fast and the fruits have many seeds. Let me know when the plant starts fruiting.Thanks a lot!!

Boris in The Hague, Holland

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 3:29PM
johnmerr(11)

I think the EU might frown on you sending uncertified seed into Holland; that is if you don't get a visit first from the APHIS people who sometimes monitor these sites... especially this citrus site, now with all the HLB scares.

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 10:26PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

That's absolutely correct, RuthAnne and Boris. One MUST be very careful about shipping plant parts of any kind across borders and across the ocean.

Boris, you need to research the internet and find a source that is licensed and certified to ship citrus seeds to you.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 2:11AM
gardenscents(8)

sorry - never thought about that.....Is it a true citrus? I was told that I could plant it outside here in zone 8a. I'm just going to pot it up for now. It has huge thorns! I won't be shipping anything anywhere - I promise!

RuthAnne

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Help Identifying Citrus Disease?
Hi all, We just bought our first house and there's...
tvscribe
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
citrus tree gratfting 101
I would like to start grafting my own citrus trees....
rj campbell inc
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Omari satsuma in the desert
I'm debating on getting an Owari Satsuma (OS) but live...
zwoydziak9bsunset13
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™